Vince Giordano Goldkette Project
|You Save:||$1.60 (10% Off)|
Currently Out of Stock: We'll get more as soon as possible
by Various Artists ~ Boardwalk Empire, Volume 2 (Music from the HBO Original Series) $12.49
by Jelly Roll Morton ~ Piano Rolls [Elektra] ~ $16.19
- Released: August 12, 1994
- Originally Released: 1999
- Label: Circle
- $0.99 on iTunes1.Ostrich Walk
- $0.99 on iTunes2.The Blue Room
- $0.99 on iTunes3.Clarinet Marmalade
- $0.99 on iTunes4.Medley: A Lane in Spain / Slow River / Hoosier Sweetheart
- $0.99 on iTunes5.Proud of a Baby Like You
- $0.99 on iTunes6.I'm Gonna Meet My Sweetie Now
- $0.99 on iTunes7.Singin' the Blues (Till My Daddy Comes Home)
- $0.99 on iTunes8.My Pretty Girl
- $0.99 on iTunes9.Riverboat Shuffle
- $0.99 on iTunes10.Sometimes I'm Happy
- $0.99 on iTunes11.I've Found a New Baby
- $0.99 on iTunes12.Medley: I'd Rather Be the Girl in Your Arms (Than the Girl in Your ...)
- $0.99 on iTunes13.Clementine (From New Orleans)
- $0.99 on iTunes14.Since My Best Gal Turned Me Down
- $0.99 on iTunes15.On the Alamo
- $0.99 on iTunes16.Tiger Rag
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Personnel: Frank Vignola, James Chirillo (guitar, banjo); Stan Kurtis (violin); Ted Nash, Jack Stuckey, Mark Lopeman (clarinet, alto saxophone, baritone saxophone); Bob Wilber (clarinet, tenor saxophone); Peter Ecklund, Tom Pletcher (trumpet, cornet); Dave Gale, Spanky Davis, Randy Reinhart (trumpet); Dan Barrett , Spiegle Willcox, Herb Gardner (trombone); Dick Wellstood (piano); Arnie Kinsella (drums, snare drum).
Recording information: Sorcerer SOund, New York, NY (12/05/1986/12/06/1986); Sourcer Sound, New York, NY (12/05/1986/12/06/1986).
Photographers: Bob Snyder; Tom Pletcher.
Bill Challis contributed most of the best arrangements for the Jean Goldkette Orchestra from 1926-1927. Sixty years later, he conducted Vince Giordano's Nighthawks in their versions of 16 of his charts (including a pair of three-song medleys). With cornetist Tom Pletcher taking Bix Beiderbecke's place and such top players as trumpeter Peter Ecklund, trombonist Dan Barrett, clarinetist Bob Wilber, pianist Dick Wellstood, and Goldkette alumnus Spiegel Wilcox on trombone guesting with the Nighthawks, the results are outstanding and very enjoyable. Not only are such songs as "Proud of a Baby Like You," "My Pretty Girl," and "Clementine" brought back, but also some charts that Jean Goldkette's band played but never recorded (such as "The Blue Room," "I've Found a New Baby," and "Tiger Rag"). Highly recommended for 1920s and classic jazz collectors. ~ Scott Yanow
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 9 ratings.
Based on 9 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!