Jazz At Preservation Hall / Pure Blues
From the Vaults of Atlantic Records (series)
|You Save:||$11.99 (80% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- The album "Jazz At Preservation Hall" was originally released in 1932 as Atlantic 1411. On "Pure Blues", tracks 13-24 were previously released on Atlantic 10" LPs 130 & 134 and in 1958 as Atlantic 1283.
- Released: March 14, 2006
- Originally Released: 1999
- Label: Collectables Records
- Original Album #1: Atlantic 1411 (1963)
- Original Album #2: Atlantic 1283 (1958)
Description by OLDIES.com:
Clarinetist George Lewis was one of the most popular figures of the New Orleans revival movement of the 1950s. On this recording, you'll hear him as he loved playing best. Paired with Lewis is a recording by Jimmy Yancy, one of the pioneers of boogie woogie piano.
- 1.Salutation March
- 2.Salty Dog
- 3.Winin' Boy Blues
- 4.Pork Chops
- 5.Down By The Riverside
- 6.Linger Awhile
- 7.In The Sweet By & By
- 8.Burgundy Street Blues
- 9.Indian Sagua
- 10.Careless Love
- 11.Listen To The Mockingbird
- 12.St. Louis Blues
- 13.Mournful Blues
- 14.Yancey Special
- 15.How Long Blues
- 16.Yancey's Bugle Call
- 17.35Th & Dearborn
- 18.Shave 'Em Dry
- 19.Salute To Pinetop
- 20.Make Me A Pallet On The Floor
- 21.Four O'Clock Blues
- 22.Monkey Woman Blues
- 23.Sante Fe Blues
- 24.How Long Blues
2 LP's on 1 CD: George Lewis: JAZZ AT PRESERVATION HALL (1963)/Jimmy Yancey: PURE BLUES (1958).
Includes liner notes by Rev. A. L. Kershaw, Ralph J. Gleason, George Hoefer and Art Hodes.
JAZZ AT PRESERVATION HALL:
The George Lewis Band Of New Orleans: George Lewis (clarinet); Avery "Kid" Howard (trumpet); Jim Robinson (trombone); Snookum Russell (piano); Emanuel Sayles (banjo); Alcide "Slow Drag" Pavageau, "Papa John" Joseph (bass); Joe Watkins (drums).
Originally released on Atlantic (1411).
Personnel: Jimmy Yancey (piano); Mama Yancey (vocals); Israel Crosby (bass).
Originally released on Atlantic (1283).
Personnel: George Lewis (clarinet); Jimmy Yancey (piano); Mama Yancey (vocals); Emanuel Sayles (banjo); Avery Howard (trumpet); Jim Robinson (trombone); Snookum Russell (piano); Joe Watkins (drums).
Liner Note Author: Art Hodes.
In 1999, Collectables released Jazz at Preservation Hall: George Lewis Band of New Orleans/Pure Blues, which contained two complete albums -- Jazz at Preservation Hall: George Lewis Band of New Orleans by George Lewis (1963, originally released on Atlantic) and Pure Blues by Jimmy Yancey (1951, originally released on Atlantic) -- on one compact disc. ~ Jason Birchmeier
Barney KesselBreakfast At Tiffany's / Bossa Nova / Contemporary Latin... (CD)
$3.98 on SALE
Art FarmerInteraction (Featuring Jim Hall) / Sing Me Softly of The... (CD)
$1.98 on SALE
Jimmy GiuffreJimmy Giuffre 3 / The Music Man (Original Jazz Album) (CD)
$1.98 on SALE
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 2 ratings.
Based on 2 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 901
- UPC: 090431627228
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
The Best of the 1910 Fruitgum Company: Simon Says (CD)(17)
From the Vaults of Atlantic Records Product Series:
- Nat Adderley Sayin' Something / Live At Memory Lane (CD) ~ $10.98 on SALE
- Mose Allison ...Hello There, Universe (CD) ~ $5.98 on SALE
- Mose Allison I Don't Worry About A Thing / Mose Alive! (CD) ~ $10.98 on SALE
- Mose Allison I've Been Doin' Some Thinkin' (CD) ~ $8.43 on SALE
- Mose Allison Swingin' Machine (CD) ~ $6.49 on SALE
Jazz General Music Categories:
- 3 Cohens Braid (CD) ~ $15.28
The 6 & 7 / 8s String Band
Echoes of Tom Anderson's: The New Orleans String Jazz (2-CD)
$26.26 Super Savings
Aardvark Jazz Orchestra
$15.39 Super Savings
- Aaron Diehl The Bespoke Man's Narrative (CD) ~ $16.18
- Aaron Diehl Space Time Continuum (CD) ~ $16.18