Western Man / Mose In Your Ear
From the Vaults of Atlantic Records (series)
|You Save:||$5.24 (35% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- The album "Western Man" was originally released in 1971 as Atlantic 1584. "Mose In Your Ear" was originally released in 1972 as Atlantic 1627.
- Released: September 12, 2005
- Originally Released: 2006
- Label: Collectables Records
- Original Album #1: Atlantic 1584 (1971)
- Original Album #2: Atlantic 1627 (1972)
Description by OLDIES.com:
Mose Allison is equally at home playing both jazz and blues piano. His boogie woogie and bebop-laden style is still both innovative and fresh sounding. He's also one of the finest songwriters of the 20th century, and his tunes have been covered by everyone from the Rolling Stones to The Who to Bonnie Raitt. 1972's "In Your Ear" is a live set recorded at the In Your Ear jazz club in Palo Alto, California.
- 1.If You Only Knew
- 2.How Much Truth
- 4.Night Club
- 5.Do Nothin' Till You Hear From Me
- 7.Western Man
- 8.Ask Me Nice
- 9.Tell Me Something
- 10.If You've Got The Money (I've Got The Time)
- 12.Look What You Made Me Do
- 13.Fool's Paradise
- 14.I Don't Worry About A Thing
- 16.Hey Good Lookin'
- 17.I Ain't Got Nothin' But The Blues
- 18.You Can Count On Me To Do My Part
- 19.You Are My Sunshine
- 20.Don't Forget To Smile
- 21.The Seventh Son
2 LPs on 1 CD: WESTERN MAN (1971)/MOSE IN YOUR EAR (1972).
Personnel: Mose Allison (vocals, piano); Chuck Rainey (bass); Billy Cobham (drums).
MOSE IN YOUR EAR:
Personnel: Mose Allison (vocals, piano); Clyde Flowers (bass); Eddie Charlton (drums).
Producer: Mose Allison.
Recorded live at In Your Ear, Palo Alto, California.
Personnel: Mose Allison (vocals, piano, electric piano); Chuck Rainey (electric bass); Eddie Lee Charlton, Billy Cobham (drums).
Liner Note Author: Ben Sidran.
Recording information: In Your Ear, Palo Alto, CA (02/02/1971-04/26/1972); Palo Alto, CA (02/02/1971-04/26/1972).
This Collectables reissue features two Mose Allison albums, from 1971 and 1972 respectively. On WESTERN MAN, Allison interprets Duke Ellington's "Do Nothing Till You Hear From Me" with deference. His rendition is warm and delicate, and seeks only to illuminate the beauty of Ellington's melody, allowing the song to swing beautifully.
On the other hand, Allison's original tune "Powerhouse," from the live MOSE IN YOUR EAR record, shows another side of this artist. Here, the pianist and his group improvise without restraint. On this lengthy track, Allison proves that he's not just a beat-generation crooner by offering up virtuosic piano work that flows with great clarity and emotion. Here, his trio mates--bassist Clyde Flowers and drummer Eddie Charlton--anchor the tune with great zeal. Throughout this 21-track release, Allison exudes remarkably creative energy, whether he's easing into a ballad or riding an upbeat groove.
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 3 ratings.
Based on 3 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 19,734
- UPC: 090431626221
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
From the Vaults of Atlantic Records Product Series:
- Nat Adderley Sayin' Something / Live At Memory Lane (CD) ~ $10.98 on SALE
- Mose Allison ...Hello There, Universe (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Mose Allison I Don't Worry About A Thing / Mose Alive! (CD) ~ $10.98 on SALE
- Mose Allison I've Been Doin' Some Thinkin' (CD) ~ $8.43 on SALE
- Mose Allison Swingin' Machine (CD) ~ $6.49 on SALE
Jazz Instrument: Piano Music Categories:
Muhal Richard Abrams Vision Towards Essence (Live) (CD) ~
$15.08 Super Savings
Joey Alexander My Favorite Things (CD) ~
$14.18 Super Savings
Monty Alexander Concrete Jungle: The Music of Bob Marley (CD) ~
$10.56 Super Savings
- Monty Alexander Harlem-Kingston Express (Live) (CD) ~ $15.59
- Monty Alexander / Ernest Ranglin Rocksteady (CD) ~ $17.08