- Released: February 17, 1999
- Originally Released: 1999
- Label: Circle
- 1.It Makes No Difference Now
- 2.A Friend of Yours
- 3.Saturday Night (Is the Loneliest Night of the Week)
- 4.Blue Champagne
- 5.Green-Up Time
- 6.Time on My Hands
- 7.I Was Here When You Left Me; I'll Be Here When You Get Back
- 8.A Kiss to Remember
- 10.Smoke Dreams
- 11.There Goes That Song Again
- 13.A Passing Fancy
- 14.Passing By
- 15.All the Bees Are Buzzin'
- 17.Counting the Days
- 18.Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday
- 19.Moon on My Pillow
- 20.The Johnson Rag
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Personnel: Frankie Carle (piano); Phyllis Lynne, Marjorie Hughes, Paul Allen, Greg Lawrence (vocals).
Recording information: 1944-1949.
Frankie Carle, a fine pianist influenced by Teddy Wilson, led a regularly working big band during the 1940s and '50s. This set of Lang-Worth radio transcriptions gives one a good idea what the Carle ensemble sounded like (even if the personnel listing is not given). Twelve of the 20 selections have vocals, and overall the mixture of commercial ballads with melodic medium-tempo pieces and dance music is pleasing, if not too memorable. Carle's piano is liberally featured and is the main reason that this CD is of interest. ~ Scott Yanow