Frankie Carle & His Orchestra 1944-1946
|You Save:||$1.60 (10% Off)|
Temporarily Out of Stock: We'll get more as soon as possible
- by Frankie Carle & His Orchestra ~ April In Portugal / Cocktail Time ~ $9.98 (Save 23%)
- by Frankie Carle & His Orchestra ~ Golden Touch ~ $12.95
- by Frankie Carle & His Orchestra ~ More 1944-1949 ~ $19.52
- by Frankie Carle & His Orchestra ~ Silver & Gold (2-CD) ~ $17.99
- by Frankie Carle & His Orchestra ~ The Very Best of The Columbia Years ~ $10.98 (Save 27%)
- Released: August 11, 1994
- Label: Circle
- 1.All The Cats Join In
- 2.More And More
- 3.Twelfth Street Rag
- 4.Lonely Love
- 5.I'm Gonna See My Baby
- 6.La Rosita
- 7.I Surrender, Dear
- 8.How Cute Can You Be?
- 9.If I Had A Dozen Hearts
- 10.I Don't Want To Love You
- 11.My Baby Said Yes
- 12.Old Folks At Home (Swanee River)
- 13.Stars In Your Eyes
- 14.A Little Consideration
- 15.I Don't Care Who Knows It
- 16.Semper Fidelis
- 17.Just Close Your Eyes
- 18.The Trolley Song
- 19.I'd Rather Be Me
- 20.The Whistler's Mother-In-Law
Personnel: Frankie Carle (piano).
Recording information: 1944-1946.
This is as good as most sweet bands ever got in the big-band era, a set of 20 tracks taken from radio transcriptions that show off a swinging pop sound, drawing on the key elements of jazz but never pushing the envelope too far. This was a good band, with a sound that was hot but with room for Carle's piano flourishes. Phyllis Lynne's vocals are a delight to hear. The sound quality is generally good ("The Trolley Song" is among the few numbers that reveals noticeable surface noise), and the selection, apart from the absence of a performance of "Sunrise Serenade," is a good cross-section of the band's range and repertory. ~ Bruce Eder
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 2 ratings.
Based on 2 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Best of Chicago Garage Bands - The Quill Records Story (CD)(14)
99¢ on SALE