Do The Bossa Nova / My Kinda Groove
From the Vaults of Atlantic Records (series)
|You Save:||$3.99 (27% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- The album "Do The Bossa Nova" was originally released in 1962 as Atlantic 1397. "My Kinda Groove" was originally released in 1965 as Atlantic 1433.
- Released: July 19, 1999
- Originally Released: 2006
- Label: Collectables Records
- Original Album #1: Atlantic 1397 (1962)
- Original Album #2: Atlantic 1433 (1965)
Description by OLDIES.com:
Herbie Mann jumps from one musical genre to another He began his career in jazz, jumping to pop, reggae, rock, world music, and even disco. One of the most popular jazz flutists during the '60s and '70s, Mann explored bossa nova and incorporated music from many cultures into his repertoire. You'll hear many of his attempts to stretch what the boundaries of jazz are on these classic recordings.
- 1.Deve Ser Amor
- 2.Menina Feia
- 3.Amor Em Paz
- 4.Voce E Eu
- 5.One Note Samba
- 6.Blues Walk
- 8.Bossa Velha
- 9.Blues In The Closet
- 10.Morning After Carnival
- 12.Mushi Mushi
- 13.Soul Guajira
- 14.Spanish Grits
- 15.Saudade De Bahia
2 LPs on 1 CD: DO THE BOSSA NOVA (1962)/MY KINDA GROOVE (1965).
Includes liner notes by Dick Kleiner and Bob Alstshuler.
DO THE BOSSA NOVA:
Personnel includes: Herbie Mann (flute, alto flute); Antonio Carlos Jobim (conductor, vocals, piano); Paulo Moura (alto saxophone); Pedro Paulo (trumpet); Sergio Mendes, Luis Carlos Vinhas (piano); Baden Powell, Durval Ferreira (guitar); Gabriel, Otavio Bailly Jr. (bass); Papao, Juquinha, Dom Um (drums).
Originally released on Atlantic (1397).
MY KINDA GROOVE:
Personnel includes: Herbie Mann (flute, bass flute); Dave Pike (vibraphone); Don Friedman (piano); Attila Zoller (guitar); Jack Six (bass); Bobby Thomas (drums); Willie Bobo, Carlos "Potato" Veldez (percussion).
Originally released on Atlantic (1433).
Personnel: Herbie Mann (flute, alto flute, bass flute); Antonio Carlos Jobim (vocals, piano); Durval Ferreira, Attila Zoller, Baden Powell (guitar); Paulo Moura (alto saxophone); Pedro Paulo (trumpet); Don Friedman, Sergio Mendes (piano); Dave Pike (vibraphone); Juquinha, Papao, Bobby Thomas (drums); Zizinho, Willie Bobo, Carlos "Patato" Valdes (percussion).
Liner Note Author: Bob Altshuler.
Recording information: Rio De Janeiro, Brazil.
Arranger: Antonio Carlos Jobim.
In 1999, Collectables released Do the Bossa Nova With Herbie Mann/My Kinda Groove, which contained two complete albums -- Do the Bossa Nova With Herbie Mann (1963, originally released on Atlantic) and My Kinda Groove (1964, originally released on Atlantic) -- by Herbie Mann on one compact disc. ~ Jason Birchmeier
Herbie MannComplete Latin Band Sessions [Bonus Tracks] (2-CD)
Herbie MannA Mann & A Woman (with Tamiko Jones) / Recorded In Rio De...
$10.98 on SALE
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 5 ratings.
Based on 5 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 53,997
- UPC: 090431624524
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
Live At The Whiskey A Go-Go / Mississippi Gambler (CD)
$10.98 on SALE
- The "5" Royales The Very Best of The "5" Royales (CD) ~ $12.98 on SALE
- "America Worships" Series White As Snow (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- "Nature Wonders" Series Nature Wonders 2 (3-CD) ~ $4.98 on SALE
- ? and The Mysterians Question Mark & The Mysterians (New Stereo Recordings) (CD) ~ $11.03 on SALE
- 1910 Fruitgum Co. The Best of 1910 Fruitgum Company (CD-R) ~ $11.98 on SALE
From the Vaults of Atlantic Records Product Series:
- Nat Adderley Sayin' Something / Live At Memory Lane (CD) ~ $10.98 on SALE
- Mose Allison ...Hello There, Universe (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Mose Allison I Don't Worry About A Thing / Mose Alive! (CD) ~ $10.98 on SALE
- Mose Allison I've Been Doin' Some Thinkin' (CD) ~ $8.43 on SALE
- Mose Allison Swingin' Machine (CD) ~ $6.49 on SALE