Do The Bossa Nova / My Kinda Groove
From the Vaults of Atlantic Records (series)
|CYBER WEEK SALE:||$8.78 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$6.19 (41% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- by Herbie Mann ~ Beat Goes On / The Herbie Mann String Album ~ $8.78
- by Herbie Mann ~ Brazil: Once Again / Sunbelt ~ $8.78
- by Herbie Mann ~ A Mann & A Woman (with Tamiko Jones) / Recorded In Rio De Janeiro (with Joao Gilberto & Antonio... ~ $8.78
- by Herbie Mann ~ Our Man Flute / Impressions of The Middle East ~ $8.78
- by Herbie Mann ~ Windows Opened / The Inspiration I Feel ~ $8.78
- The album "Do The Bossa Nova" was originally released in 1962 as Atlantic 1397. "My Kinda Groove" was originally released in 1965 as Atlantic 1433.
- Released: July 19, 1999
- Originally Released: 2006
- Label: Collectables Records
- Original Album #1: Atlantic 1397 (1962)
- Original Album #2: Atlantic 1433 (1965)
Description by OLDIES.com:
Herbie Mann jumps from one musical genre to another He began his career in jazz, jumping to pop, reggae, rock, world music, and even disco. One of the most popular jazz flutists during the '60s and '70s, Mann explored bossa nova and incorporated music from many cultures into his repertoire. You'll hear many of his attempts to stretch what the boundaries of jazz are on these classic recordings.
- 1.Deve Ser Amor
- 2.Menina Feia
- 3.Amor Em Paz
- 4.Voce E Eu
- 5.One Note Samba
- 6.Blues Walk
- 8.Bossa Velha
- 9.Blues In The Closet
- 10.Morning After Carnival
- 12.Mushi Mushi
- 13.Soul Guajira
- 14.Spanish Grits
- 15.Saudade De Bahia
2 LPs on 1 CD: DO THE BOSSA NOVA (1962)/MY KINDA GROOVE (1965).
Includes liner notes by Dick Kleiner and Bob Alstshuler.
DO THE BOSSA NOVA:
Personnel includes: Herbie Mann (flute, alto flute); Antonio Carlos Jobim (conductor, vocals, piano); Paulo Moura (alto saxophone); Pedro Paulo (trumpet); Sergio Mendes, Luis Carlos Vinhas (piano); Baden Powell, Durval Ferreira (guitar); Gabriel, Otavio Bailly Jr. (bass); Papao, Juquinha, Dom Um (drums).
Originally released on Atlantic (1397).
MY KINDA GROOVE:
Personnel includes: Herbie Mann (flute, bass flute); Dave Pike (vibraphone); Don Friedman (piano); Attila Zoller (guitar); Jack Six (bass); Bobby Thomas (drums); Willie Bobo, Carlos "Potato" Veldez (percussion).
Originally released on Atlantic (1433).
Personnel: Herbie Mann (flute, alto flute, bass flute); Antonio Carlos Jobim (vocals, piano); Durval Ferreira, Attila Zoller, Baden Powell (guitar); Paulo Moura (alto saxophone); Pedro Paulo (trumpet); Don Friedman, Sergio Mendes (piano); Dave Pike (vibraphone); Juquinha, Papao, Bobby Thomas (drums); Zizinho, Willie Bobo, Carlos "Patato" Valdes (percussion).
Liner Note Author: Bob Altshuler.
Recording information: Rio De Janeiro, Brazil.
Arranger: Antonio Carlos Jobim.
In 1999, Collectables released Do the Bossa Nova With Herbie Mann/My Kinda Groove, which contained two complete albums -- Do the Bossa Nova With Herbie Mann (1963, originally released on Atlantic) and My Kinda Groove (1964, originally released on Atlantic) -- by Herbie Mann on one compact disc. ~ Jason Birchmeier
Live At The Whiskey A Go-Go / Mississippi Gambler (CD)
$8.78 CYBER WEEK
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 5 ratings.
Based on 5 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 55,465
- UPC: 090431624524
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
The Best of the 1910 Fruitgum Company: Simon Says (CD)
- !!! Louden Up Now (2-LP) ~ $15.95 CYBER WEEK
- !!! Must Be The Moon (3vrs) (Import) (12") ~ $6 CYBER WEEK
- The "5" Royales Catch That Teardrop (CD) ~ $13.17 CYBER WEEK
- "A" Train Featuring Miki Honeycutt River Of People (LP) ~ $7.49 CYBER WEEK
- ? and The Mysterians 96 Tears (New Stereo Recording) / Midnight Hour (New Stereo Recording) (45) ~ $3 CYBER WEEK