Burnin': Live At Freddie Jett's Pied Piper, L.A. / Confessin' The Blues
From the Vaults of Atlantic Records (series)
|You Save:||$3.99 (27% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- The songs "I'm Gettin' Long Alright", from "Burnin'" and "It Could Happen To You" from "Confessin' The Blues" do not appear on this recording due to time restrictions.
- Released: July 5, 2004
- Originally Released: 1999
- Label: Collectables Records
- Original Album #1: Atlantic 1565 (1970)
- Original Album #2: Atlantic 1680 (1975)
Description by OLDIES.com:
A sizzling live performer, this compact disc includes a set of Phillips at her concert peak, as well as a bluesy studio session. King Curtis arranges and blows tenor on "Burnin'." Other personnel on these two albums include Jack Wilson, Herb Ellis and Onzy Matthews.
- 1.Don't Let Me Lose This Dream
- 2.And I Love Him
- 3.Cry Me A River Blues
- 4.Release Me
- 5.Makin' Whoopee
- 6.If It's The Last Thing I do
- 8.Please Send Me Someone To Love
- 9.I'm Gettin' 'long Alright
- 10.I Wonder
- 11.Confessin' The Blues
- 12.Romance In The Dark
- 13.C.C. Rider
- 14.Cherry Red
- 15.In The Evenin'
- 16.I Love Paris
- 17.Bye Bye Blackbird
- 18.Blow Top Blues / Jelly Jelly Blues / Long John Blues
2 LPs on 1 CD: BURNIN' (1970)/CONFESSIN' THE BLUES (1975).
Personnel includes: "Little" Esther Phillips (vocals); Herb Ellis, Francois Vaz (guitar); Sonny Criss, Gabriel Baltazar, Raymond Triscari (alto saxophone); Teddy Edwards, Louis Ciotti, Ira Schulman (tenor saxophone); Jay Migliori (baritone saxophone); Robert Rolfe, Melvin Moore, Bill Clark, James Smith, Al Porcino (trumpet); Louis Blackburn, Richard Leith, Roland Myers, Peter Myers (trombone); Jack Wilson (piano, electric piano); Rodgers Grant (piano); Ike Isaacs, Victor Venegas (bass); Chuck Rainey (electric bass); Donald Bailey, Charles Grant (drums).
Producers include: Nesuhi Ertegun, King Curtis.
Engineers include: Jimmy Lockhart, Wally Heider.
Personnel: Esther Phillips (vocals); Francis Vaz, Herb Ellis (guitar); Cornell Dupree (electric guitar); Joe Gentle (flute); Gabe Baltazar, Ray Triscari, Sonny Criss (alto saxophone); Louis Ciotti, Ira Schulman, King Curtis, Teddy Edwards (tenor saxophone); Jay Migliori (baritone saxophone); Robert Rolfe, Bill Clark , Joe Newman , Al Porcino, Melvin Moore, James Smith (trumpet); Richard Leith, Ron Myers, Peter Myers, Lou Blackburn (trombone); Jack Wilson (piano, keyboards); Rodgers Grant (piano); Richard Tee, Paul Griffin (organ); Donald Bailey , Charles Grant (drums).
Liner Note Authors: Leonard Feather; Ralph J. Gleason; Philip Elwood; Carmen McRae.
Arrangers: King Curtis; Onzy Matthews; Esther Phillips.
In 1999, Collectables released Burnin'/Confessin' the Blues, which contained two complete albums -- Burnin' (1970, originally released on Atlantic) and Confessin' the Blues (1976, originally released on Atlantic) -- by Esther Phillips on one compact disc. ~ Jason Birchmeier
Esther PhillipsAnd I Love Him (Sings Great Love Songs) / Esther (CD)
$10.98 on SALE
Della ReeseAnd That Reminds Me / A Date With Della Reese (CD)
$10.98 on SALE
The Answer to Everything: Girl Answer Songs of the 60s (CD)
$12.35 Super Savings
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 2 ratings.
Based on 2 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 19,507
- UPC: 090431624326
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
Blues: Regional Collections Music Categories:
- Arthur Adams Back on Track (CD) ~ $15.28
- Arthur Adams Stomp The Floor (CD) ~ $20.99
- Anson Funderburgh Which Way Is Texas? (CD) ~ $16.18
Kokomo Arnold The Complete Recorded Works, Volume 3: 1936-1937 (CD) ~
$15.16 Super Savings
- Kokomo Arnold Complete Recorded Works, Volume 4 (1937-1938) (CD) ~ $20.51