Dream Theater Metropolis, Pt. 2: Scenes from a Memory
|You Save:||$0.41 (3% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: October 25, 1999
- Originally Released: 1999
- Label: Atlantic
CMJ - 11/8/99, p.25"...pushes the metal envelope...a pretty, orchestral prog-rock album that has so many intricate layers that you're guaranteed to uncover something new with every listen..."
- 1.Regression - (scene one)
- 2.Overture 1928 - (scene two)
- 3.Strange Deja Vu - (scene two)
- 4.Through My Words - (scene three)
- 5.Fatal Tragedy - (scene three)
- 6.Beyond This Life - (scene four)
- 7.Through Her Eyes - (scene five)
- 8.Home - (scene six)
- 9.Dance of Eternity, The - (scene seven)
- 10.One Last Time - (scene seven)
- 11.Spirit Carries On, The - (scene eight)
- 12.Finally Free - (scene nine)
Dream Theater: James LaBrie (vocals); John Petrucci (guitar, background vocals); Jordan Rudess (keyboards); John Myung (bass); Mike Portnoy (drums, percussion, background vocals).
Additional personnel: Theresa Thomason (vocals); Mary Canty, Shelia Slappy, Mary Smith, Jeanette Smith, Clarence Burke Jr., Carol Cyrus, Dale Scott (background vocals).
Producers: Mike Portnoy, John Petrucci, Terry Brown.
Engineers: Doug Oberkircher, Terry Brown.
Recorded at Little Bear Studios, Suffern, New York and Metal Works Studios, Toronto, Canada between February & August 1999.
"Metropolis Part I," a track featured on Dream Theater's breakthrough, IMAGES AND WORDS, left many progressive rock enthusiasts with what seemed like another unfinished chapter in a story never to be completed. Seven years and five albums later, Dream Theater returned to its majestic beginnings with METROPOLIS PART II--SCENES FROM A MEMORY. Keyboard virtuoso Jordan Rudess, who was a logical replacement for Derek Sherinian, revitalized the band's sound. Rudess's collaboration with guitarist John Petrucci and drummer Mike Portnoy stole the attention of Dream Theater fans in the instrumental project, LIQUID TENSION EXPERIMENT.
METROPOLIS PART II is an epic concept album that makes a powerful artistic statement. The band is impressive in its ability to weave a suite of pieces together that share a common thread of recurring musical and lyrical themes similar to those first presented in "Metropolis I." The heart of the tale is revealed in "Fatal Tragedy," which centers on a murder mystery. The main character, Victoria Page, sees the man she once loved turning evil and in refusing his affections, she pays with her life. The lyrical point of view shifts from character to character, bringing about powerful results.
Dream TheaterDream Theater (2-LP Boxset - 180GV + 7" + CD + DVD + USB)...
Dream TheaterGreatest Hit (....And 21 Other Pretty Cool Songs) (2-CD)
$15.66 Super Savings
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 682 ratings.
Based on 682 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
3OH!3 Night Sports (CD) ~
$12.62 Super Savings
- Yolanda Adams The Best of Me (CD) ~ $10.78 on SALE
- Yolanda Adams Day by Day (CD) ~ $12.58
Alt-J An Awesome Wave (CD) ~
$10.79 Super Savings
Tori Amos Boys for Pele [Deluxe Edition] (2-CD) ~
$17.64 Super Savings
Top ranking titles in the Pop / Rock genre:
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Best of Chicago Garage Bands - The Quill Records Story (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- The Herd Very Best of I Can Fly (Featuring Peter Frampton) (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock - JukeBox Giants, Volume 3 (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists WCBS FM101.1 - Motown, Soul & Great Rock 'N Roll: Rock 'N Roll (CD) ~ $4.98 on SALE