Dream Theater A Change of Seasons
Hurry! Only 1 copy left Sorry no back-orders
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: September 1, 1995
- Originally Released: 1995
- Label: Atlantic
- 1.A Change of Seasons: The Crimson Sunrise / Innocence / Carpe Diem / The Darkest Of Winters / Another World / The Inevitable Summer / The Crimson Sunset
- 2.Funeral For A Friend / Love Lies Bleeding
- 3.Perfect Strangers
- 4.The Rover / Achilles Last Stand / The Song Remains The Same
- 5.The Big Medley: In The Flesh? / Carry On Wayward Son / Bohemian Rhapsody / Lovin', Touchin', Squeezin' / Cruise Control / Turn It On Again
Dream Theater: James LaBrie (vocals); John Petrucci (guitar); Derek Sherinian (keyboards); John Myung (bass); Mike Portnoy (drums, percussion).
Additional personnel: David Rosenthal (programming).
Recorded at Bear Tracks Studio, Suffern, New York in May 1995 and live at Ronnie Scott's Jazz Club, London, England on January 31, 1995. Includes liner notes by Dream Theater.
Personnel: James LaBrie (vocals); John Petrucci (guitar); Derek Sherinian (keyboards); Mike Portnoy (drums, percussion); David Rosenthal (keyboard programming).
Audio Mixers: David Prater; Doug Oberkircher.
Recording information: Bear Tracks Studio, Suffern, NY (05/1995); Ronnie Scott's Jazz Club, London, England (05/1995).
Photographers: Jake Wyman; Arthur Cohen ; Joseph Cultice.
A Change of Seasons is a strange disc. There are only five tracks but with a total time that approaches an hour anyway. The first track, the 23-minute, seven-part epic "A Change of Seasons," is one of the most impressive pieces of music ever written in the progressive metal vein. With the same heavy sound that marked Awake, but with many other styles mixed in, the track features incredible playing, dramatic, complex instrumental arrangements, and soaring vocals. New keyboardist Derek Sherinian (formerly of Kiss and Alice Cooper) adds his own stamp to the Dream Theater sound as if he'd always been with them. The remainder of the tracks are live cover tunes, recorded from the band's "Uncovered" gig at Ronnie Scott's Jazz Club; the material varies widely and includes Elton John's "Love Lies Bleeding" and Deep Purple's "Perfect Strangers." The final track, "The Big Medley," has to be heard to be believed; Dream Theater shift musical styles on a dime to cover Pink Floyd, Kansas, Queen, Journey, the Dixie Dregs, and Genesis all in ten minutes. ~ Phil Carter
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 101 ratings.
Based on 101 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Top ranking titles in the Pop / Rock genre:
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Best of Chicago Garage Bands - The Quill Records Story (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- The Herd Very Best of I Can Fly (Featuring Peter Frampton) (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Ultimate Jukebox Hits of the 70s, Volume 4 & 5 (2-CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Top Hits of the 80s: Groovin' Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE