Ruth Brown Ruth Brown / Miss Rhythm
14 copies available
|You Save:||$3.99 (27% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: March 14, 2006
- Originally Released: 1999
- Label: Collectables Records
Description by OLDIES.com:
Blessed with one of the most magnificent voices ever, Ruth Brown's place in musical history is unique. One of the most popular R&B singers of all time, Ruth was a mainstay on the charts during the '50s. Because she had so many successes, her label was known as "the house that Ruth built". The two Atlantic albums collected here are filled with the kind of tunes "Miss Rhythm" sent straight to the top of the sales charts.
- 1.Lucky Lips
- 2.As Long As I'm Moving
- 3.Wild Wild Young Men
- 4.Daddy Daddy
- 5.Mambo Baby
- 6.Teardrops From My Eyes
- 7.Hello Little Boy
- 8.Mama, He Treats Your Daughter Mean
- 9.5-10-15 Hours
- 10.It's Love Baby (24 Hours A Day)
- 11.Sentimental Journey
- 12.Old Man River
- 13.So Long
- 14.Oh What A Dream
- 15.This Little Girl's Gone Rockin'
- 16.Just Too Much
- 17.I Hope We Meet (On The Road Someday)
- 18.Why Me
- 19.Somebody Touched Me
- 20.When I Get You Baby
- 21.Jack O'diamonds
- 22.I Can't Hear A Word You Say
- 23.One More Time
- 24.Book Of Lies
- 25.I Can See Everybody's Baby
- 26.Show Me
2 LPs on 1 CD: RUTH BROWN (1957)/MISS RHYTHM (1959).
Includes liner notes by Marv Goldberg.
RUTH BROWN/MISS RHYTHM compiles two of Ruth Brown's late-'50s albums for Atlantic, but the single disc is practically a greatest-hits set. Several of the singer's signature tunes appear on the self-titled album, including "Daddy Daddy," "Teardrops from My Eyes," and "Mama, He Treats Your Daughter Mean." The less familiar fare holds pleasant surprises. Brown's version of "Old Man River" recalls the Ink Spots, while the Billy Eckstine-styled ballad "So Long" finds Brown working the very bottom of her vocal register.
MISS RHYTHM contains only one pop hit, Bobby Darin's "This Little Girl's Gone Rockin'." This song sets the tone for an album that is less R&B-flavored and more obviously aimed at the teenage record-buying audience. Highlights here include "Just Too Much," whose "Get Smart"-like harpsichord solo may be an attempt to emulate Rosemary Clooney's "Come on a My House," and the intensely melodramatic "Book of Lies."
Mama He Treats Your Daughter Mean & Other Favorites (CD)
$4.99 on SALE
Lightning in a Bottle: A One Night History of the Blues (DVD)
$10.92 Super Savings
WJMK 104.3 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 50s (CD)
$8.49 on SALE
WCBS FM101.1 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 50s (CD)
$12.98 on SALE
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 3 ratings.
Based on 3 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 38,209
- UPC: 090431623220
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
The Best of the 1910 Fruitgum Company: Simon Says (CD)
- 38 Special Extended Versions (Live) (CD) ~ $4.99 on SALE
- 45 RPM "Doo Wop & Acappella" Starlight Sessions (CD) ~ $6.49 on SALE
- 49th Street 49th Street (CD) ~ $6.49 on SALE
- The 5th Dimension Up Up and Away - The Encore Collection (CD) ~ $3.98 on SALE
- Gregory Abbott Rhyme & Reason (CD) ~ $5.97 on SALE
Collectables Records Labels:
- ? and The Mysterians 96 Tears (New Stereo Recording) / Midnight Hour (New Stereo Recording) (45) ~ $4
- Jerri Adams It's Cool Inside / Play For Keeps (CD) ~ $9.73 on SALE
- Johnny Adams / Jeannie C. Riley Reconsider Me / Harper Valley PTA (45) ~ $4
- Johnny Adams Reconsider Me - A Golden Classics Edition (CD) ~ $9.98 on SALE
- Nicky Addeo & The Night Owls Seaside Serenade (CD) ~ $3.99 on SALE