LaVern Baker See See Rider / Blues Ballads
|You Save:||$11.99 (80% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Songs 1,3-13 are in stereo
- All other songs are in mono
- Released: March 14, 2006
- Originally Released: 1998
- Label: Collectables Records
Description by OLDIES.com:
The extraordinarily gifted LaVern Baker was one of the most popular R&B singers in the early rock era. Her voice and style are still instantly recognizable today and her reputation has only grown. She was one of the first inductees into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Here are two of her best albums from the vaults of Atlantic.
- 1.See See Rider
- 2.You Better Stop
- 3.He's A Real Gone Guy
- 4.Story Of My Love
- 5.You Said
- 6.I'm Leaving You
- 7.Don't Let The Stars Get In Your Eyes
- 9.Half Of Your Love
- 10.A Little Bird Told Me So
- 11.Endless Love
- 12.All The Time
- 13.I Cried A Tear
- 14.If You Loved Me
- 15.You're Teasing Me
- 16.Love Me Right
- 18.So High On Love
- 19.I Waited Too Long
- 20.Why Baby Why
- 21.Humpty Dumpty Heart
- 22.It's So Fine
- 23.Whipper Snapper
- 24.St. Louis Blues
2 LPs on 1 CD: SEE SEE RIDER (1963)/BLUES BALLADS (1959).
Originally released on Atlantic. Includes liner notes by Marv Goldberg.
SEE SEE RYDER/BLUES BALLADS is a one-CD collection of albums LaVern Baker released in 1963 and 1959, respectively. The tracks are not presented in the original sequence, but the ones dating from 1963 are easily identifiable-they're in stereo and tend to feature prominent bass guitar, then something of a novelty.
The "blues ballads" half of the title shouldn't be taken too literally, since much of the music here was clearly targeted at somebody's idea of the teenage audience. Hence the cornball Dixieland banjo on "Humpty Dumpty Heart" and the Perry Como-ish ballad "Don't Let the Stars Get in Your Eyes." Baker is nonetheless in fine vocal form throughout, investing even the weakest songs with total conviction. And it's worth the price of the CD just to hear her deliver the line "Sometimes he irks me with his line of jive" on "He's a Real Gone Guy."
The DriftersClyde McPhatter & The Drifters / Rockin' & Driftin' (CD)
$10.98 on SALE
Ronnie HawkinsRonnie Hawkins / The Folk Ballads of Ronnie Hawkins (CD)
$7.49 on SALE
WCBS FM101.1 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 50s (CD)(10)
$12.98 on SALE
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 4 ratings.
Based on 4 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 11,953
- UPC: 090431623121
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
The Best of the 1910 Fruitgum Company: Simon Says (CD)(17)
- 38 Special Extended Versions (Live) (CD) ~ $4.99 on SALE
- 45 RPM "Doo Wop & Acappella" Starlight Sessions (CD) ~ $6.49 on SALE
- 49th Street 49th Street (CD) ~ $6.49 on SALE
- The 5th Dimension Up Up and Away - The Encore Collection (CD) ~ $5.97 on SALE
- Gregory Abbott Rhyme & Reason (CD) ~ $5.97 on SALE
Collectables Records Labels:
- ? and The Mysterians 96 Tears (New Stereo Recording) / Midnight Hour (New Stereo Recording) (45) ~ $3
- Jerri Adams It's Cool Inside / Play For Keeps (CD) ~ $9.73 on SALE
- Johnny Adams / Jeannie C. Riley Reconsider Me / Harper Valley PTA (45) ~ $3
- Johnny Adams Reconsider Me - A Golden Classics Edition (CD) ~ $9.98 on SALE
- Nicky Addeo & The Night Owls Seaside Serenade (CD) ~ $3.99 on SALE