- Number of Discs: 2
- Rated: PG-13
- Run Time: 2 hours, 10 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: March 20, 2010
- Originally Released: 2009
- Label: Summit Entertainment
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Note: Includes a Revealing Audio Commentary with Director Chris Weitz and Editor Peter Lambert; a Riveting 6-Part Documentary that takes you behind the scenes; exclusive band Rehearsal Footage with Muse; and Music Videos from Death Cab for Cutie, Anya Marina and Mutemath
- Special Edition
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 2.39
- Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo - English, Spanish
- Dolby Digital 2.0 Surround - English, Spanish
- Dolby Digital 5.1 - English, Spanish
- Subtitles - English, Spanish
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Robert Pattinson &
Jamie Campbell Bower,
Tinsel Korey &
Original story by
Greg Mooradian &
USA Today - 11/20/2009
"Director Chris Weitz has crafted a film with visual flair and polish, particularly in the action sequences of werewolves vs. vampires."
Box Office - 11/19/2009
3 stars out of 5 -- "NEW MOON becomes a melodrama about a broken heart that gradually and sweetly mends."
Hollywood Reporter - 11/18/2009
"Once again, the three young leads give committed performances, with Lautner's character allowed a larger share of the spotlight this time around."
Washington Post - 11/20/2009
"The performances are uniformly strong, especially by Stewart, who is turning into a fine young actress."
Entertainment Weekly - 11/27/2009
"The production itself, directed by Chris Weitz from a script by Melissa Rosenberg, is fan-ready and saga-solid. Weitz goes for an appealing, slightly old-fashioned look..." -- Grade: B+
The supernatural tale of starcrossed lovers continues as the Cullen family flees Forks in order to protect Bella (Kristen Stewart), and the heartbroken high-school senior discovers that vampires aren't the only creatures in town. Realizing that Bella will never be safe as long as he's around, Edward (Robert Pattinson) makes the difficult decision to leave his beloved behind shortly after her 18th birthday. Reeling from her loss, Bella embraces self-destruction after being comforted by Edward's image during a moment of mortal peril. But as heavy-hearted as Bella may be, her old friend Jacob (Taylor Lautner) distracts her from her sorrows by helping her renovate a weather-beaten motorbike. When Bella encounters a former adversary with a sizable grudge, she's rescued from harm at the last second by pack of enormous, ferocious wolves. Subsequently delving into the history of the Quileutes, Bella discovers the secrets of Jacob's tribe while looking forward to a reunion with Edward that may have deadly consequences.
Based On A Novel |
Love Story |
Love Triangle |
Love Triangles |
Native Americans |
Teenage Fantasy Adventure |
Teenage Girls |
Theatrical Release |