Classic Tearjerkers [Time / Life]
by Various Artists
- Released: June 29, 2004
- Originally Released: 2004
- Label: Time Life Records
- 1.Eva CassidyFields of Gold
- 2.Simply RedHolding Back the Years
- 3.Dionne WarwickI'll Never Love This Way Again
- 4.LeAnn RimesHow Do I Live
- 5.Michael BoltonHow Am I Suppose to Live Without You
- 6.Elton JohnDon't Let the Sun Go Down on Me
- 7.BreadEverything I Own
- 8.Harry NilssonWithout You
- 9.Carole KingSo Far Away
- 10.Linda RonstadtTracks of My Tears
- 11.ChicagoIf You Leave Me Now
- 12.Bonnie TylerIt's a Heartache
- 13.10ccI'm Not in Love
- 14.ForeignerI Want to Know What Love Is
- 15.Billy Vera & The BeatersAt This Moment
- 16.Eric ClaptonAll by Myself
- 17.Toni BraxtonUnbreak My Heart
- 18.Bill WithersAin't No Sunshine
Liner Note Author: Billy Altman.
Photographers: Neal Preston; Bill Butler.
Time-Life's Classic Tearjerkers is filled with some of the schmaltziest, corniest, most heartbreaking ballads of the past decades. From Carole King's "So Far Away (1971) to Eva Cassidy's "Fields of Gold (1998), the songs here are guaranteed to tug on your heartstrings and leave you a quivering puddle of spent emotions. Sure some of the selections from the '80s and '90s are a little on the slick side (Michael Bolton's "How Am I Supposed to Live Without You," LeAnn Rimes' "How Do I Live"), but that is a minor distraction. The real power of the disc resides in the songs from the '70s: Elton John's "Don't Let the Sun Go Down on Me," Harry Nilsson's "Without You," Bonnie Tyler's "It's a Heartache," Bill Withers' "Ain't No Sunshine." These are songs that connect deeply with your solar plexus. Not to mention Eric Carmen's "All by Myself," which is the kind of song that takes your solar plexus and twists it up like a pretzel before smashing it into tiny shards. Or 10cc's artistically staggering, emotionally complex denial epic "I'm Not in Love." Or Chicago's aching-like-it-will-never-heal "If You Leave Me Now." Man, this disc should come with a warning label to protect the more sensitive listeners. Keep plenty of tissue on hand, you will need it. ~ Tim Sendra
Country Top Hits of the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s (4-CD)
$19.98 on SALE
WCBS FM101.1 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 70s (CD)
$2.98 on SALE
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 2 ratings.
Based on 2 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!