U2 Classic Albums: The Joshua Tree
Only 7 copies left
|You Save:||$4.01 (40% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
Also released as:
- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 1 hours
- Video: Color
- Released: March 21, 2000
- Originally Released: 1999
- Label: Image Entertainment
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Snap Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Directed by||Philip King & Nuala O'Connor|
After toiling for years as an underground cult favorite with a rabidly devoted fan base, Irish rock band U2 finally broke through to mainstream success on the strength of their 1987 opus THE JOSHUA TREE. Released in March of that year, THE JOSHUA TREE became U2's first number-one album and won a Grammy Award for Album of the Year. The record's crossover appeal stems from its emotional exploration of universal topics such as love ("With or Without You"), death ("One Tree Hill"), and spiritual longing ("I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For") without sacrificing any of the trademark social consciousness of the band's earlier albums ("Bullet the Blue Sky," "Mothers of the Disappeared"). This episode of the CLASSIC ALBUMS series details the making of U2's chart-topping album through interviews with band members, archival film footage, and live performances.
Description by Image Entertainment:
Packed with reminiscences and powerful performances, this is the story of one of the most famous and best records of the '80s. Released in 1987, U2's "The Joshua Tree" topped the Billboard album chart for nine weeks, spending 58 weeks in the Top 40 and earning a Grammy Award for Album of the Year. "The Joshua Tree" gave birth to several major hit singles, including "With or Without You" and "I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For," both of which reached Number 1 on the Billboard Top 100. The story of the making of "The Joshua Tree" is told here via interviews and archival film footage, with contributions from band members Bono, The Edge, Adam Clayton and Larry Mullen. U2's long-time manager Paul McGuinness reveals how this powerhouse album catapulted the band into the category of rock superstars.
U2Go Home: Live from Slane Castle, Ireland (Limited Ed....
$24.21 Super Savings
The Old Grey Whistle Test - Complete Collection (3-DVD)(4)
$29.98 on SALE
Rock and Roll Hall of Fame + Museum Live: Sweet Emotion (DVD)(3)
$7.98 on SALE
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 54 ratings.
Based on 54 ratings.
Be the first Movie Lover to write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 41,938
- UPC: 014381907421
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
Musical & Performing Arts: Pop Music Movie Categories:
- 10,000 Maniacs Time Capsule: Filmed 1982-1993 (DVD) ~ $11.99
2Pac Tupac - Complete Live Performances (2-DVD) ~
$14.46 Super Savings
2Pac Tupac - Live at the House of Blues (DVD) ~
$9.99 Super Savings
The 5th Dimension 5th Dimension - Travelling Sunshine Show (DVD) ~
$14.11 Super Savings
- ABBA In Concert (DVD) ~ $13.48
Top ranking titles in the Pop / Rock genre:
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Best of Chicago Garage Bands - The Quill Records Story (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- The Herd Very Best of I Can Fly (Featuring Peter Frampton) (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Ultimate Jukebox Hits of the 70s, Volume 4 & 5 (2-CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Duane Eddy Duane A Go Go Go / Duane Eddy Does Bob Dylan (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE