The Jackie Robinson Story
An honest, sensitive and well-acted biography of the first (and greatest) black Major League baseball player.
|You Save:||$2.03 (25% Off)|
or Mix & Match 10 Alpha DVDs for $39.90
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
Also availableVHS for $1.98
- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 16 minutes
- Video: Black & White
- Released: September 9, 2003
- Originally Released: 1950
- Label: Alpha Video
- Encoding: Region 0 (Worldwide)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Directed by||Alfred E. Green|
|Director of Photography:||Ernest Laszlo|
|Edited by||Arthur H. Nadel|
|Performer:||Harry Shannon, Ben Lessy, Louise Beavers, Richard Lane, Joel Fluellen, Minor Watson & Ruby Dee|
|Produced by||Mort Briskin|
|Screenplay by||Arthur Mann & Lawrence Taylor|
|Screenwriting by||Lawrence Taylor & Arthur Mann|
|Starring||Jackie Robinson & Ruby Dee|
Description by OLDIES.com:
This triumphant biography is the story of Jackie Robinson (playing himself), the first ballplayer to break major league baseball's color-barrier in 1947. One of the greatest sports-themed movies ever made, The Jackie Robinson Story chronicles the gifted athlete's early career in the Negro Baseball League to his tense first at-bat with the farm team in Montreal and his success as the second baseman for the Dodgers. Minor Watson turns in a riveting performance as Brooklyn manager Branch Rickey, inspiring Jackie to have the inner-strengh to withstand the threats, vicious racial-slurs and abuse that would be heaped upon him. With movie-star looks and fine acting, Jackie delivers his story with humility and grace in this unflinching look at a difficult and historic era in baseball and American history.
This biographical film stars the baseball legend himself in a dramatic story about the player who integrated major league ball. The story begins with Jackie Robinson's early years, profiling the successful young athlete who excelled in various collegiate sports. It then follows him to his momentous meeting with Branch Rickey of the no less legendary Brooklyn Dodgers who brought Robinson in as a professional player to the previously all-white sport.
This biographical film stars the baseball legend himself in a dramatic story about the player who intergraded major league ball. The story begins with Jackie Robinson's early years, profiling the successful young athlete who excelled in various collegiate sports. It then follows him to his momentous meeting with Branch Rickey who brought Robinson in as a professional player to the previously all-white sport.
Black Heritage | Black History Month | Race Relations | True Story
- Additional cast members include:Kenny Washington, Pat Flaherty, Larry McGrath, Emmett Smith, Houard Louis MacNeely and George Dockstader.
- A William Joseph Heineman presentation.
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 35 ratings.
Based on 35 ratings.
Be the first Movie Lover to write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 3,734
- UPC: 089218619495
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
- 26 Men - Volumes 1-3 (3-DVD) ~ $10.50 on SALE
- $50,000 Reward (Silent) (with Bonus Short, "Then Came The Yawn") (DVD) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- 7 Sins of The Vampire (2002) / Devilish Desire of Dario Dragani (2012) (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- 70s Grindhouse Black Exploitation: TNT Jackson (1979) / The Black Godfather (1974) / Black Cobra (1981) / Black Cobra 2 (1990) / Black Cobra 3: The Manila Connection (1990) / The Black Gestapo (1975) / The Black Six (1974) (3-DVD) ~ $10.50 on SALE
- Abilene Town (DVD) ~ $5.95 on SALE
Alpha Video Labels:
- Ace of Clubs (1925) / Another Man's Boots (1922) (Silent) (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Aces and Eights (DVD) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Aces Wild / Wild Mustang (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Art Acord Double Feature: Fighters of the Saddle (Silent) / Pursued (Silent) (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Across the Plains (DVD) ~ $5.95 on SALE