- Released: April 28, 2009
- Label: Sbme Special Mkts.
- 1.Kiss Me - Sixpence None The Richer
- 2.Lose Your Way - Sophie B. Hawkins
- 3.Feels Like Home - Chantal Kreviazuk
- 4.Life's A Bitch - Shooter
- 5.Ready For A Fall - Pj Olsson
- 6.Stay You - Wood
- 7.Any Lucky Penny - Nikki Hassman
- 8.Shimmer - Shawn Mullins
- 9.London Rain - Heather Nova
- 10.To Be Loved - Curtis Stigers
- 11.Letting Go - Sozzi
- 12.Crying Ophelia - Adam Cohen
- 13.Did You Ever Love Somebody - Jessica Simpson
- 14.I Don't Want To Wait - Paula Cole
Compilation producers: Glen Brunman, Denise Luiso.
Recording information: Abbey Road; Andora; Andora Studios, Hollywood, CA; Arnos Grove Studios, London; Baby Monster; Battery; Battery Studios, NYC; Castle oaks; Flower Studios; Groove Masters Studios, Santa Monica, CA; Los Angeles, CA; Oceanway Recording Studios, Los Angeles, CA; Olympic; Phase One Recording Studios, Toronto, Canada; Potter Street Studios, UK; Real World; Right Track Recording, NYC; Roundhouse; September Sound; The Magic Shop, Los Angeles, CA; The Palindrome Recorder, Venice, CA; The White House, Nashville, TN; TownHouse; Village Recorder; Westlake.
Creator: Kevin Williamson.
Photographers: Fred Norris; Guy DAlema; Marc Kayne; Leigh Jae Manacher.
Hold on there hipster--sure, DAWSON'S CREEK is the TV program your kid sister is glued to every week, but this collection of songs from the show is more than just teen pabulum. Admittedly, the 10,000 Maniacs-like folk-rock of Sixpence None The Richer (whose career was given a substantial push by the show) isn't anybody's idea of avant garde, but look a little closer. "Feels Like Home" (sung here by pop siren Chantal Kreviazuk) was written by none other than Randy Newman. Shooter's frank "Life's A Bitch" is far from warm and fuzzy in its message. The Shawn Mullins selection isn't his gimmicky breakthrough hit, but a cut that shows a deeper side of Mullins' talent. And if singer-songwriter Adam Cohen learned anything from his dad Leonard, it's that passion can best be portrayed through subtle dynamism. If you let it, SONGS FROM DAWSON'S CREEK might just surprise you.