Concerto For Yusef Lateef
From the Vaults of Atlantic Records (series)
|You Save:||$9.99 (77% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
by Yusef Lateef ~ Only The Best of Volume 1 (7-CD) ~ $76.97
- Released: September 11, 2001
- Originally Released: 2001
- Label: Collectables Records
- Original Album: Atlantic 81863 (1988)
Description by OLDIES.com:
Elements of dreams, God and inner visions punctuate this reflective album with eleven fluent movements.
- 1.First Movement: Chaconne
- 2.Second Movement: Allemande
- 3.Third Movement: Moresca
- 4.Fourth Movement: Mode
- 5.Fifth Movement: Baguala
- 6.Sixth Movement: Allegro
- 7.Seventh Movement: Fantasia
- 8.Eighth Movement: Scherzo
- 9.Ninth Movement: Rondeau
- 10.Tenth Movement: Passacaglia
- 11.Eleventh Movement: Interlude
Personnel: Yusef Lateef (soprano & tenor saxophone, flute, keyboards, drums); Christopher Salvo (clarinet); Robert Daley (guitar); John Nuhn (acoustic bass); George Cooke (electric bass, fretless bass); Tony Vacca (percussion); Mulazimuddin S. Rasool (marimba, percussion).
Recorded at Moonstar Media, Shutesbury, Massachusetts in March 1988. Originally released on Atlantic (81863). Includes liner notes by Yusef Lateef.
Personnel: Yusef Lateef (koto, flute, soprano saxophone, tenor saxophone, keyboards, drums); Robert Daley (guitar); Mulazimuddin S. Rasool (tamboura, marimba, balafon, congas, bongos, maracas, tambourine, percussion, chimes); Christopher Salvo (clarinet); Tony Vacca (balafon, drums, talking drum, cymbals, percussion, gong); John Nuhn (acoustic bass); George Cooke (electric bass, fretless bass).
Audio Mixer: Norman Blain.
Audio Remasterer: Dennis King.
Liner Note Author: Yusef Lateef.
Recording information: Moonstar Media, Shutesbury, MA (03/1988); Moonstar Media, Shutesbury, MA (05/1986).
Editor: Toby Mountain.
Unknown Contributor Role: Tony Vacca.
Although Yusef Lateef hates musical categorization, this Atlantic set was accurately released as part of Atlantic's New Age series. Lateef (on tenor, soprano, flutes, koto and both acoustic and electric percussion) is joined by two bassists, one guitar, a classical clarinetist and two exotic percussionists to create what is essentially mood music. The 11-movement work simply does not go anywhere and fits securely in the one-mood new age genre. ~ Scott Yanow
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 1,478
- UPC: 090431618721
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
The Best of the 1910 Fruitgum Company: Simon Says (CD)(17)
- Alabama Feels So Right (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- The Allures Doo Wop Memories (Just For You), Acappella Volume 2 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Alvin & the Chipmunks Christmas With The Chipmunks, Volume 2 (CD) ~ $1.98 on SALE
- America Live (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- American Composers Orchestra Beaser: Chorale Variations / Seven Deadly Sins / Concerto for Piano & Orchestra (CD) ~ $1.98 on SALE