Doo Wop 51 Live!
by Various Artists
Hurry! Only 1 copy left Sorry no back-orders
|You Save:||$1.10 (10% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- by The Beatles ~ Live at the BBC, Volume 2 (2-CD) ~ $22.38
- Released: August 21, 2001
- Originally Released: 2001
- Label: Rhino
- 1.Hank Ballard & The MidnightersLet's Go, Let's Go, Let's Go
- 2.Virgil Johnson & The VelvetsTonight (Could Be The Night)
- 3.The TokensThe Lion Sleeps Tonight
- 4.The TymesSo Much In Love
- 5.The DiamondsLittle Darlin'
- 6.Maurice Williams & The ZodiacsStay
- 7.The ChiffonsOne Fine Day
- 8.The El DoradosAt My Front Door
- 9.The DellsOh, What A Night
- 10.The DubsDon't Ask Me (To Be Lonely)
- 11.Don & JuanWhat's Your Name
- 12.Shirley Alston ReevesWill You Love Me Tomorrow
- 13.Mel CarterHold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me
- 14.The OriolesCrying In The Chapel
- 15.Bill Pinkney's Original DriftersDrip Drop
- 16.Bill Pinkney's Original DriftersWhite Christmas
- 17.The CloversLove Potion No. 9
- 18.The CadetsStranded In The Jungle
- 19.Let It Be Me
- 20.The ClassicsTill Then
DOO WOP 51: LIVE! was originally aired on television during PBS's pledge drive in December 2000.
Recorded at Benedum Center For The Performing Arts, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania on May 16-17, 2000. Includes liner notes by Bill Dahl.
Liner Note Author: Bill Dahl.
Recording information: Benedum Center For Preforming Arts, Pittsburg, PA (05/16/2000/05/17/2000).
Doo Wop 51: Live! isn't for everybody, nor is it for every doo wop fan, either. It's for the fan who loves the singing and loves nostalgia -- the kind who wants to hear the great groups reunite, in some form, and sing their hits years later. This isn't necessarily the same thing as being a doo wop fanatic, since there are plenty of ravenous doo wop fans -- the kind who seek out rare singles, arguing the merits of Philadelphia vs. New York -- who will not be interested in this simply because it is a latter-day recording. Similarly, this will not find an audience among listeners who just want to hear nothing but the best doo wop. Instead, this is solely a nostalgia trip and, on that level, it's pretty good. No, the groups don't sound as good as they used to, and while there are good vibes, the recording isn't as warm as the atmosphere, but for those looking for a reunion record -- looking to hear these groups reunite and sing the old songs another time while basking in sweet memories -- this fits the bill. ~ Stephen Thomas Erlewine
It's Hard But It's Fair: King Hits and Rarities (CD)(2)
$12.35 Super Savings
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 7 ratings.
Based on 7 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Best of Chicago Garage Bands - The Quill Records Story (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists WCBS FM101.1 - Motown, Soul & Great Rock 'N Roll: Rock 'N Roll (CD) ~ $4.98 on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock - JukeBox Giants, Volume 3 (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- The Herd Very Best of I Can Fly (Featuring Peter Frampton) (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE