From the Vaults of Atlantic Records (series)
|LABOR DAY SALE:||$8.48 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$4.49 (35% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: March 14, 2006
- Originally Released: 2001
- Label: Collectables Records
- Original Album: Embryo 524 (1970)
Description by OLDIES.com:
As one of the foremost jazz bassists of the jazz-rock movement, Czechoslovakian-born Miroslav Vitous carved a niche as a much-in-demand and influential player in the 1960's and 1970's and was a founding member of the popular group, Weather Report. This original Atlantic album boasts a splendid line-up of the distinguished, including jazz legends Joe Henderson, John McLaughlin, Herbie Hancock, and Jack DeJohnette, with production by Herbie Mann. Highlights include the still-powerful "Mountain In The Clouds," "Freedom Jazz Dance," and "Infinite Search."
- 1.Freedom Jazz Dance
- 2.Mountain In The Clouds
- 3.When Face Gets Pale
- 4.Infinite Search
- 5.I Will Tell Him On You
Personnel includes: Miroslav Vitous (bass); Joe Henderson (tenor saxophone); Herbie Hancock (piano); John McLaughlin (guitar); Jack DeJohnette, Joe Chambers (drums).
Recorded in New York, New York on October 9-10, 1969. Originally released on Embryo (524).
Personnel: Miroslav Vitous (guitar, synthesizer); John McLaughlin (guitar); Joe Henderson (saxophone); Herbie Hancock (piano, electric piano, keyboards); Jack DeJohnette, Joe Chambers (drums).
Audio Remixer: Lewis Hahn.
Liner Note Author: Mort Fega.
Recording information: A & R Recording Studios, NY.
Photographer: Joel Brodsky.
With John McLaughlin, Herbie Hancock, Joe Henderson, and Jack DeJohnette, this group rivaled the best fusion bands of the day. It must have been an intimidating challenge for a young Czech bassist to lead such a group on his debut album as a frontman, especially since he composed five of the six tracks. Recorded a year after the historic Bitches Brew and the year before Vitous began a stint with the innovative Weather Report, this was trend-setting fusion. It's produced by Herbie Mann, for whom Vitous played on such albums as Memphis Underground and Stone Flute. ~ Mark Allan
Charles Lloyd / Warne MarshFlowering of The Original Charles Lloyd Quartet / Warne... (CD)
$6.37 LABOR DAY
Tones For Joan's Bones / Mountain In The Clouds (CD)
$9.33 LABOR DAY
Terje Rypdal / Miroslav Vitous / Jack DeJohnette (CD)
Out of StockSave for Later
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 7 ratings.
Based on 7 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 20,816
- UPC: 090431617625
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
- "A" Train Featuring Miki Honeycutt River Of People (LP) ~ $22.49 LABOR DAY
- ? and The Mysterians 96 Tears (New Stereo Recording) / Midnight Hour (New Stereo Recording) (45) ~ $2.40 LABOR DAY
- 101 Strings Orchestra A Portrait Of 'The Lady' (LP) ~ $7.49 LABOR DAY
- 10DB I Second that Emotion / I Second that Emotion (45) ~ $2.40 LABOR DAY
- 2 Black 2 Strong MMG Burn Baby Burn (LP) ~ $4.99 LABOR DAY
From the Vaults of Atlantic Records Product Series:
- Nat Adderley Sayin' Something / Live At Memory Lane (CD) ~ $9.33 LABOR DAY
- Mose Allison ...Hello There, Universe (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Mose Allison I Don't Worry About A Thing / Mose Alive! (CD) ~ $9.33 LABOR DAY
- Mose Allison I've Been Doin' Some Thinkin' (CD) ~ $7.17 LABOR DAY
- Mose Allison Swingin' Machine (CD) ~ $5.52 LABOR DAY