- Rated: Not Rated
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 1 hours, 32 minutes
- Video: Black & White
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Released: February 6, 2007
- Originally Released: 1946
- Label: Criterion
- Director's Cut
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Dolby Digital Mono 1.0 - English
- Subtitles - English - Optional
- Additional Release Material:
- Audio Commentary: Bruce Eder
- Interviews: Geoff Brown
- Text/Photo Galleries:
- Geoffrey O'Brien
- Sidney Gilliat - Director
Performers, Cast and Crew:
USA Today - 01/25/1992
"...A drama of workplace politics and romantic tension against a backdrop of runaway killings..."
In a rural British hospital, Inspector Cockrill must determine whodunit when the head nurse is done away with after revealing that the death of a patient under anesthesia was no accident. The hospital is full of suspicious doctors and staff and the interrogation brings them all into question.
Theatrical Release |
- The print used for the Home Vision Cinema VHS version is from the Janus collection.