He Walked By Night
|You Save:||$2.03 (25% Off)|
or Mix & Match 10 Alpha DVDs for $39.90
Available in a set:
- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 20 minutes
- Video: Black & White
- Released: July 15, 2003
- Originally Released: 1948
- Label: Alpha Video
- Encoding: Region 0 (Worldwide)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Starring||Richard Basehart & Scott Brady|
|Performer:||Roy Roberts, Whit Bissell, James Cardwell & Jack Webb|
|Directed by||Alfred L. Werker|
|Screenplay by||John C. Higgins & Crane Wilbur|
|Composition by||Leonid Raab|
|Story by||Crane Wilbur|
|Produced by||Bryan Foy & Robert T. Kane|
|Director of Photography:||John Alton|
"...Memorable....Engrossing..." -- Rating: B+
"...A famous 'B' about an L.A. cop killer..."
Description by OLDIES.com:
- This police thriller was the inspiration for cast member Jack Webb's classic TV show "Dragnet." The film even includes this famous line: "The names have been changed to protect the innocent."
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 57 ratings.
This film is well worth spending the time with. Richard Basehart is very good as the cold-blooded killer and it's sun seeing a young Jack Webn with the L.A.P.D. and not playing Joe Friday. There's only 2 negative thoughts about the movie: the overl melodramtic voice of the narrator and the failure to explain why Basehart's character becomes a thief and killer. Otherwise, sit back & enjoy.
What a great vintage move. To see such a young Jack Webb is priceless. A wonderful actor in his own right, Whit Bissell, is also very good in his roll as a very nervous business owner. Richard Basehart was excellent in his role as the cold-blooded killer of an LAPD officer. A movie worth adding to any collection!
An enjoyable film on many levels. Richard Basehart spent so much time in the role of Admiral Nelson in TV's "Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea", few people realize the range of his acting abilities or the depth of his performances. He plays a socio-psychopath to the hilt in this documentary-style police hunt. The modd of the film is constantly dark and brooding.
The script is a little thin in spots, some of the scenes could have been zipped up a bit and the acting is a bit lame in spots, but the story is strong enough to overcome these issues. Jack Webb plays the police lab guy far more casually than he would later play Joe Friday ("Dragnet") or tough drill TSgt Jim Moore("The D.I.").
It's also a great snapshot of the late 1940's: dress, attitudes, language, etc., as well as Hollywood's impression of reality. This film is well worth your time and money
(Unsolicited Testimonial: The Alpha catalog offers many fine films on DVD, and you can't beat the prices!)
- Sales Rank: 12,495
- UPC: 089218615893
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
- 26 Men - Volumes 1-3 (3-DVD) (DVD-R) ~ $10.50 on SALE
- $50,000 Reward (Silent) (with Bonus Short, "Then Came The Yawn") (DVD) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- 7 Sins of The Vampire (2002) / Devilish Desire of Dario Dragani (2012) (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- 70s Grindhouse Black Exploitation: TNT Jackson (1979) / The Black Godfather (1974) / Black Cobra (1981) / Black Cobra 2 (1990) / Black Cobra 3: The Manila Connection (1990) / The Black Gestapo (1975) / The Black Six (1974) (3-DVD) (DVD-R) ~ $10.50 on SALE
- Abilene Town (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
Alpha Video Labels:
- Ace of Clubs (1925) / Another Man's Boots (1922) (Silent) (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Aces and Eights (DVD) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Aces Wild / Wild Mustang (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Art Acord Double Feature: Fighters of the Saddle (Silent) / Pursued (Silent) (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Across the Plains (DVD) ~ $5.95 on SALE