Do Nothing Till You Hear From Cootie
Collectables Jazz Classics (series)
|CYBER WEEK SALE:||$6.74 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$6.23 (48% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: January 31, 2000
- Originally Released: 2000
- Label: Collectables Records
- Original Album: Warwick 2027 (1960)
Description by OLDIES.com:
A key sideman in Duke Ellington's band for more than 11 years, trumpeter Cootie Williams also made major contributions to the orchestras of Chick Webb, Fletcher Henderson, and Benny Goodman. This 1960 release showcases Williams' talent on former boss Ellington gems such as "Don't Get Around Much Anymore" and the title track.
- 2.Don't Get Around Much Anymore
- 3.It Don't Mean A Thing If It Ain't Got That Swing
- 4.I Found A New Baby
- 6.When The Saints Go Marching In
- 7.Do Nothin' Till You Hear From Me
- 8.Drop Me Off In Harlem
- 9.I Got It Bad (And That Ain't Good)
- 10.There's No You
- 11.Mack The Knife
- 12.Blue Skies
Personnel includes: Cootie Williams (trumpet).
Originally released on Warwick (2027). Includes liner notes by Mark Marymount.
Personnel: Cootie Williams (trumpet).
Liner Note Author: Mark Marymont.
Recording information: 1959.
Here's a straight-up reissue of Cootie's 1960 album for the Warwick label. It's a cozy small-band date, with Williams employing his plunger mute to great effect on standards like "Always," "Don't Get Around Much Anymore," and "It Don't Mean a Thing (If It Ain't Got That Swing)." Cootie even takes a stab at vocalizing on the old warhorse "When the Saints Go Marching In," and his readings of "Blue Skies," "I Got It Bad and That Ain't Good," and "Caravan" are three more highlights of this storming little session. ~ Cub Koda
Jack WilsonTwo Sides of (with Philly Joe Jones & Leroy Vinnegar) (CD)
$6.74 CYBER WEEK
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 49,922
- UPC: 090431612125
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
The Best of the 1910 Fruitgum Company: Simon Says (CD)
- !!! Louden Up Now (2-LP) ~ $15.95 CYBER WEEK
- !!! Must Be The Moon (3vrs) (Import) (12") ~ $6 CYBER WEEK
- The "5" Royales Catch That Teardrop (CD) ~ $13.17 CYBER WEEK
- "A" Train Featuring Miki Honeycutt River Of People (LP) ~ $7.49 CYBER WEEK
- ? and The Mysterians 96 Tears (New Stereo Recording) / Midnight Hour (New Stereo Recording) (45) ~ $3 CYBER WEEK