- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 27 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: May 4, 2004
- Originally Released: 1990
- Label: Sony Pictures
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 1.85
- Dolby Digital Stereo - English
Performers, Cast and Crew:
USA Today - 11/03/1989
"...The delights are many....[A] terrific cast..."
This film, which incorporates the plots of four Damon Runyon stories, takes place in and around a grand New Year's Eve party in 1928. The guests, many of whose lives intertwine during the evening, include Harriet (Julie Hagerty), the rich society doll throwing the bash; the aptly named Feet Samuels (Randy Quaid), who is about to sell those body parts to a doctor; and Hortense (Madonna), the ballsy, money-hungry showgirl Feet has a crush on. There's also "The Brain" (Rutger Hauer), a mob boss with many girlfriends -- who's walking around with a knife in his stomach; Regret (Matt Dillon), so named for his chronic inability to pick a winning racehorse; and many other colorful characters, all of whom will make this one night to remember.
- This film was director Howard Brookner's directorial debut. He died months before it was released.