- Rated: G
- Run Time: 1 hours, 25 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: February 7, 2006
- Originally Released: 2005
- Label: Dreamworks Animated
Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
Packaging: Keep Case
Dual Single Sided
Aspect Ratio: Anamorphic Widescreen - 1.85
- Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround - English, French
- Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo - English, Spanish
- Subtitles - English (SDH), English, French, Spanish
Additional Release Material:
- Behind the Scenes - The Making of THE CURSE OF THE WERE-RABBIT
- Bonus Features:
Commentary - Steve Box, Nick Park - Directors/Writers
- Cracking Contraptions: The Snoozatron
- Cracking Contraptions: The 525 Crackervac
- Cracking Contraptions: Shopper 13
- How Wallace & Gromit Went to Hollywood
- A Day in the Life at Aardman
- Stage Fright
- Victor Quartermaine's Guide to Cool
- Anti-Pesto S.W.A.T. Team
- Style with Lady Tottington
- How To Build A Bunny
- Build Your Own Bunny
- Stills/Photos - The Family Album
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Academy Awards 2005 -
Best Animated Feature Film
New York Times - 10/05/2005
"The animation is a marvel....The world of Wallace and Gromit is one of the few genuinely eccentric places left in the movies, a place where lumpy, doughy characters achieve a peculiar dignity..."
Rolling Stone - 10/20/2005
3 stars out of 5 -- "Park is a master of Claymation and dry, understated wit....Don't even try to figure out how Park can move plasticine figures around and achieve visual and slapstick miracles. Just enjoy."
USA Today - 10/07/2005
"Charming and droll with shrewdly chosen voices....[An] adorable exercise in whimsy..."
Los Angeles Times - 10/05/2005
"[I]t is both welcome and astonishing to see how successful Park's unlikely pairing of his own idiosyncratic sensibility with the most labor-intensive form of animation has become....[The film] retains the clever, one-of-a-kind sensibility that made its shorter predecessors so delightful."
Entertainment Weekly - 10/14/2005
"The movie rollicks with visual slapstick, puns, and drive-by joke-cluster bombs that fall on young and adult viewers alike with such good aim..." -- Grade: A
Sight and Sound - 12/01/2005
"Immensely funny, intelligently silly and beautifully made....The protagonists are solid cartoon types absent from cinema since Bugs Bunny and Daffy Duck..."
Premiere - 03/01/2006
"A wonderful confection of slapstick and horror ingredients, WERE-RABBIT enhances the W&G universe as it continues to grow in stop-motion complexity and craftsmanship."
Rolling Stone - 02/23/2006
"[A] treasure trove of cleverness. And in its old-school claymation, the film is closer to the endearing Gumby reels of yore than today's sterile Pixar productions."
Family (General) |
Stop-Motion Animation |
- Theatrical Release: October 7, 2005