- Rated: PG
- Run Time: 1 hours, 54 minutes
- Video: Black & White
- Released: August 24, 2004
- Originally Released: 1964
- Label: Sony Pictures
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 1.85
- Dolby Digital Stereo - English
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Vincent Bruce (Warren Beatty) is an idealistic young war veteran who has just begun working as a therapist in a mental institution in his Maryland hometown. His first patient is a sex-obsessed schizophrenic named Lilith (Jean Seberg), who quickly becomes smitten with him. At first, Vincent maintains a strictly professional relationship, but eventually he falls for and seduces her. Their union, however, begins to take a heavy emotional toll on Vincent, especially when he begins working with Stephen (Peter Fonda), a troubled young man who has also fallen under Lilith's spell. Can Vincent regain his fading sanity before it's too late' Based on the novel by J.R. Salamanca.
Character Study |
Theatrical Release |
- "Lilith" was director Robert Rossen's final film.
- Additional cast: Anne Meacham (Mrs. Yvonne Meaghan); Robert Reilly (Bob Clayfield); Lucy Smith (Vincent's Grandmother); Maurice Brenner (Mr. Gordon); and Elizabeth Bader (Girl at the Bar).
- Additional credits: Bob Vietro (assistant director); Elinor Bunin (titles); Bill Herman (makeup)
- Produced by Centaur Film.