Argent In Deep
|You Save:||$3.99 (27% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- by Argent ~ Collectables Classics (4-CD) ~ $26.49 (Save 50%)
- Released: April 4, 2000
- Originally Released: 1999
- Label: Collectables Records
Description by OLDIES.com:
Argent, Rod Argent, Jim Rodford, Robert Henrit and Russ Ballard, rode the '70s British Invasion wave to success on the Pop charts in the US. This 1973 collection of original songs includes as a bonus track their biggest US hit, "Hold Your Head Up", which went Top 10 in 1972.
- 1.God Gave Rock And Roll To You
- 2.It's Only Money (part 1)
- 3.It's Only Money (part 2)
- 4.Losing Hold
- 5.Be Glad
- 6.Christmas For The Free
- 7.Candles On The River
- 9.Hold Your Head Up (Bonus Track)
Argent: Rod Argent (vocals, keyboards); Russ Ballard (guitar); Jim Redmond (bass); Bob Henrit (drums).
Includes liner notes by Mark Marymont.
Personnel: Russ Ballard (vocals, guitar, acoustic guitar, electric guitar); Rod Argent (vocals, piano, electric piano, organ, Mellotron, keyboards); Jim Rodford (vocals, double bass, bass guitar); Robert (vocals, drums, bass drum, percussion); Derek Griffiths (guitar); Robert Henrit (drums).
Rod Argent formed Argent in 1969, following the breakup of the Zombies. The lineup consisted of his cousin Jim Rodford and former Roulettes members Russ Ballard and Bob Henrit. The debut album, Argent, was very much in the same style as the Zombies, but subsequent albums veered more toward a heavier, progressive sound. In Deep, the band's fourth album, was originally released on Epic Records in 1973. While not as strong as its predecessors, it did produce the excellent single (and one of the best tracks on the album), "God Gave Rock and Roll to You," which made the Top 20 in England and charted well in North America. The original album contained eight songs, with half written by Ballard and the other half by Argent and White. This Collectables reissue contains the bonus track "Hold Your Head Up," originally from the band's third album. When the band split in 1976, Argent went on to pursue a solo career. Henrit opened a drum shop in London's West End and played in a band called Phoenix with Rodford, before they both joined the Kinks. ~ Keith Pettipas
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 8 ratings.
Based on 8 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 58,400
- UPC: 090431608821
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
Collectables Records Labels:
- ? and The Mysterians 96 Tears (New Stereo Recording) / Midnight Hour (New Stereo Recording) (45) ~ $3
- 1910 Fruitgum Co. / Kasenetz-Katz Super Circus Indian Giver / Quick Joey Small (45) ~ $1 on SALE
- Faye Adams Herald Recordings (CD) ~ $6.49 on SALE
- Jerri Adams It's Cool Inside / Play For Keeps (CD) ~ $9.73 on SALE
- Johnny Adams / Jeannie C. Riley Reconsider Me / Harper Valley PTA (45) ~ $3