Argent Ring of Hands
|LABOR DAY SALE:||$9.33 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$5.64 (38% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- by Argent ~ Collectables Classics (4-CD) ~ $22.52
- Released: April 4, 2000
- Originally Released: 1999
- Label: Collectables Records
Description by OLDIES.com:
This British Rock quartet was headed by ex-Zombies member Rod Argent. "Ring of Hands", released in 1971, was their second album for Epic. This collection has a decidedly progressive rock feel to it and features a bonus track, "He's A Dynamo", from their "All Together Now" album.
- 2.Sweet Mary
- 3.Cast Your Spell Uranus
- 8.Sleep Won't Help Me
- 9.Where Are We Going Wrong
- 10.He's A Dynamo (Bonus Track)
Argent: Rod Argent (vocals, keyboards); Russ Ballard (guitar); Jim Rodford (bass); Bob Henrit (drums).
Includes liner notes by Mark Marymont.
Personnel: Russ Ballard (vocals, guitar); Rod Argent (vocals, keyboards); Robert Henrit (drums).
Ring of Hands is, more often than not, overshadowed by the albums that surrounded it. Argent's debut included Russ Ballard's "Liar," and 1972's All Together Now was the album that yielded their Top Five hit "Hold Your Head Up," while 1973's In Deep produced "God Gave Rock 'N' Roll to You," which became a bigger hit for Kiss in 1992. But Ring of Hands is one of Argent's most progressively oriented albums, with most of its energy and dynamics coming from Rod Argent's keyboard playing. This album shines the spotlight a little brighter on Rod Argent than on Ballard, and its weight lies more on the band's ability to produce some impressive progressive rock than to create lyrically based rock & roll. Argent himself is spectacular throughout most of the album, lending his lone, rich keyboard solos to tracks like "Lothlorien," "Cast Your Spell Uranus," and "Sleep Won't Help Me." The album does wander into pop familiarity from time to time, but only mildly, like on "Chained" or "Where Are We Going Wrong," and, even so, Rod Argent's playing appropriately protrudes through most of songs to give Ring of Hands an independent feel from all of the albums that followed. In 1999, Sony's Collectables reissued the album with a bonus track; Rod Argent's "He's a Dynamo," which was written one year after the release of the original Ring of Hands album. ~ Mike DeGagne
Pacific Gas & ElectricAre You Ready / Pacific Gas And Electric - A Golden... (CD)
$9.33 LABOR DAY
Manfred MannManfred Mann Album / My Little Red Book of Winners (CD)
$4.98 on SALE
Manfred MannPretty Flamingo / The Five Faces of Manfred Mann (CD)
$5.08 LABOR DAY
Tommy TutoneTommy Tutone / Tommy Tutone-2 - A Golden Classics Ed. (CD)
$9.33 LABOR DAY
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 10 ratings.
Based on 10 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 55,955
- UPC: 090431608722
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
Rock & Pop: Progressive Rock Music Categories:
- 'Igginbottom's Wrench 'Igginbottom (CD) ~ $19.74 LABOR DAY
- 30 Seconds to Mars A Beautiful Lie (CD) ~ $4.48 LABOR DAY
- Mick Abrahams / Blodwyn Pig Times Have Changed (CD) ~ $6.68 LABOR DAY
- Amazing Blondel A Foreign Field That Is Forever England (CD) ~ $6.95 on SALE
- Amazing Blondel Restoration (CD) ~ $17.99
- 38 Special Extended Versions (Live) (CD) ~ $4.99 on SALE
- 45 RPM "Doo Wop & Acappella" Starlight Sessions (CD) ~ $5.52 LABOR DAY
- 49th Street 49th Street (CD) ~ $5.52 LABOR DAY
- The 5th Dimension Up Up and Away - The Encore Collection (CD) ~ $5.07 LABOR DAY
- Gregory Abbott Rhyme & Reason (CD) ~ $5.07 LABOR DAY