Frankie Laine Rockin' / Hell Bent For Leather
|You Save:||$3.99 (27% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: March 14, 2006
- Originally Released: 1999
- Label: Collectables Records
Description by OLDIES.com:
Frankie Laine was one of the most successful pop singers of the '50s and the '60s. Bold and brash, Laine scored over 60 chart hits during that period. This single CD combines two of his most popular albums (originally released in 1957 and 1961, respectively), and includes one of Laine's most memorable hits, the theme from the TV series "Rawhide".
- 1.By The River Sainte Marie
- 2.(What Did I Do To Be So) Black And Blue
- 3.That's My Desire
- 4.Blue Turning Grey Over You
- 5.That Lucy Old Sun
- 6.That ain't Right
- 8.Rockin' Chain
- 9.We'll Be Together Again
- 10.West End Blues
- 11.Give Me A Kiss For Tomorrow
- 12.On The Sunny Side Of The Street
- 13.Wanted Man
- 14.High Noon (Do Not Forsake Me)
- 15.Gunfight At The O.K. Corral
- 16.Bowie Knife
- 17.Along The Navajo Trail
- 18.The Cry Of Wile Goose
- 20.City Boy
- 21.Cool Water
- 22.The 3:10 To Yuma
- 23.The Hanging Tree
- 24.Mule Train
2 LPs on 1 CD: ROCKIN' (1957)/HELL BENT FOR LEATHER (1961).
Also available as part of the 2-CD Collectables box THE LEGEND AT HIS BEST!
ROCKIN' originally released on Columbia (975). HELL BENT FOR LEATHER originally released on Columbia (8415). Includes reissue liner notes by Mark Marymont.
In the late 1950s the music industry was sweeping away the old styles of music to accommodate the growing trend towards pop and rock & roll. Few of the older generation of singers managed to survive. Frankie Laine, however, was finding his star on the ascent with a sound quite different from his beginnings in the 1930s. His manly voice, always youthfully dynamic, has a dash and rhythm that rocks and rolls.
As much and as easily as Laine reflected the new sounds of the '50s and '60s, ROCKIN' is really a selection of pre-rock tunes, vibrantly delivered with updated panache. Laine's rousing rendition of "Sunny Side of the Street" certainly makes this standard jump. HELL BENT FOR LEATHER showcases Laine capitalizing on rock's Nashville roots with his Elvis Presley-like stylings of C&W themed pop songs. "Rawhide," with its Western rhythm, is lassoed by Laine's dramatic vocal banditry.
Heart Of Country: 48 Classics Of Country & Western (3-CD)
$4.98 on SALE
Sold OutSave for Later
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 22 ratings.
Based on 22 ratings.
Write an online review to share your thoughts with other customers.
rockin'/ hell bent for leather Music Lover: Ernie Buck from Liverpool, England UK -- January, 31, 2008
Hell bent for Leather was the very first Frankie Laine LP I purchased as a teenager and that started a lifetime of collecting Frankies songs. I now have 511 songs of the great singers' collection and every one is still very much enjoyed.
- Sales Rank: 15,259
- UPC: 090431607725
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
The Best of 20th Century Masters / Millennium Collection (CD)
$6.74 Super Savings
- 38 Special Extended Versions (Live) (CD) ~ $4.99 on SALE
- 45 RPM "Doo Wop & Acappella" Starlight Sessions (CD) ~ $6.49 on SALE
- 49th Street 49th Street (CD) ~ $6.49 on SALE
- The 5th Dimension Up Up and Away - The Encore Collection (CD) ~ $5.97 on SALE
- Gregory Abbott Rhyme & Reason (CD) ~ $5.97 on SALE
Collectables Records Labels:
- ? and The Mysterians 96 Tears (New Stereo Recording) / Midnight Hour (New Stereo Recording) (45) ~ $3
- Faye Adams Herald Recordings (CD) ~ $6.49 on SALE
- Johnny Adams / Jeannie C. Riley Reconsider Me / Harper Valley PTA (45) ~ $3
- Johnny Adams Reconsider Me - A Golden Classics Edition (CD) ~ $9.98 on SALE
- Nicky Addeo & The Night Owls Seaside Serenade (CD) ~ $3.99 on SALE