Cast All Change [Deluxe Edition] (2-CD + DVD)
Out of Print: Future availability is unknown
Format: CD (3 Discs)
- by Black Grape ~ Stupid, Stupid, Stupid ~ $11.36
- Number of Discs: 3
- Released: February 11, 2014
- Originally Released: 2014
- Label: Imports
Entertainment Weekly - 4/19/96, p.78"...a potent, passionate disc in the vein of the Kinks and early Who..." - Rating: B
RIP (7/96, p.12) - 4 (out of 5) - "...There's enough good-time celebration here to warrant rolling the windows down and letting 'er rip....Cast makes music for the sheer joy of it, and that kind of unbridled honesty can't help but shine through..."
Mojo (Publisher) - p.1193 stars out of 5 -- "[T]uneful, unironic Who-like rock illuminated by the bold guitar of erstwhile Strange Sensation man Skin..."
Tracks on Disc 1:
- 2.Promised land
- 5.Tell It Like It Is
- 6.Four Walls
- 8.Back Of My Mind
- 12.Two Of A Kind
- 14.Better Man (b-side of Finetime)
- 15.Satellites (b-side of Finetime)
- 16.Follow Me Down (b-side of Alright)
- 17.Meet Me (b-side of Alright)
- 18.Hourglass (b-side of Sandstorm)
- 19.Fufil (b-side of Walkaway)
- 20.Mother (b-side of Walkaway)
Tracks on Disc 2:
- 1.Flying (a-side)
- 2.Between The Eyes (b-side of Flying)
- 3.For So Long (b-side of Flying)
- 4.Finetime [acoustic version] (b-side of Walkaway)
- 5.Reflections [live] (b-side of promo)
- 6.Tell It Like It Is [live] (7" flexi promo release)
- 7.Back Of My Mind [live] (b-side of Sandstorm)
- 8.Alright [live] (live b-side of Sandstorm)
- 9.Walkaway [live] (live b-side of Flying)
- 10.Four Walls (24/4/95 Evening Session)
- 11.Back Of My Mind (24/4/95 Evening Session)
- 12.Finetime (24/4/95 Evening Session)
- 13.Follow Me Down (24/4/95 Evening Sessions)
- 14.Alright (7/8/95 Mark Radcliffe Session)
- 15.Sandstorm (7/8/95 Mark Radcliffe Session)
- 16.Finetime (7/8/95 Mark Radcliffe Session)
- 17.Reflections (7/8/95 Mark Radcliffe Session)
- 18.Finetime (15/10/96 Simon Mayo)
- 19.Flying (15/10/96 Simon Mayo)
- 20.Who You Gonna (Demo) (From Universal Deluxe)
- 21.All My Day (Outtake) (From Universal Deluxe)
Cast: John Power (vocals, guitar); Liam Tyson (guitar); Peter Wilkinson (bass); Keith O'Neill (drums).
Additional personnel: Vincent Needham, Jonathan Stone (strings).
Audio Mixer: John Leckie.
Liner Note Author: Terry Staunton.
Recording information: Manor Studios, Oxford; Sawmills Studios, Fowley.
Editor: Karl Flaschke.
Photographer: Norman Watson.
Although the list of UK 60s retro pop groups is growing at a frightening rate, the amount of really good ones is becoming similarly unmanageable. How many ways can you skin a G, D, C, Am, F sequence and still have room for a middle eight? At least another 12 ways, judging by this album. They sound familiar, but on 'Sandstorm' the hook is theirs, not to forget the wah-wah break, which, although Hendrix-derived, is still of their own making. Songs such as 'Finetime' and 'Alright' are instantly appealing, inducing a nagging 'where have I have I heard it before' in the head.
Black Roses (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) (LP)
$8.98 on SALE
Johnny Be Good (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) (LP)
$3.74 Super Savings
Maniac Cop (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) (LP)
$20.24 Super Savings
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 10 ratings.
Based on 10 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!