- Rated: PG
- Run Time: 1 hours, 31 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: September 3, 2002
- Originally Released: 1995
- Label: Warner Home Video
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Snap Case
- Single Side - Dual Layer
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Additional Release Material:
- Interactive Features:
- Interactive Games
- Panda Trivia
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Entertainment Weekly - 02/16/1996
"...A furry FREE WILLY...but the real bear is irresistible and cuddlier than a killer whale." -- Rating: B
Los Angeles Times - 08/28/1995
"...Lively family entertainment..."
Young Ryan travels to China to visit his dad Michael, who works on a panda bear preserve. But to prevent impending budget cuts, Michael and the others need to present a panda cub as an example of their accomplishments. So when poachers snatch the only cub in existence -- which then succeeds in escaping -- Ryan, along with a young Chinese girl, sets out on a danger-filled adventure to recapture the imperiled creature. Unfortunately, the poachers are never far behind. Will our young heroes find the panda first'
Kids Adventure |
- Color by Technicolor. Shot in Panavision widescreen on location in China and Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
- Recorded in SDDS (Sony Dynamic Digital Sound).
- Film was released with "Carrotblanca," an 8-minute cartoon short, starring Bugs Bunny.
- Actor Ryan Slater is the younger brother of Christian Slater.
- Director Christopher Cain is the stepfather of actor Dean Cain, of TV's "Lois and Clark."
- Additional cast: Moon/Shema (The Little Panda) and Ying Ying, from Wuhan Circus (Adult Panda).
- Additional credits: Steven Alldredge (story); Leslie Sebert (key makeup/hair artist); Dean Alexander Lockwood (special effects coordinator); OCS/Freeze Frame/Pixel Magic (digital visual effects); and Hayley Hsu (assistant director).
- Thanks to Beijing Film Studio and China Film Co-Production Office.
- Copyright 1995 Warner Bros.