- Rated: G
- Run Time: 1 hours, 18 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: February 11, 2014
- Originally Released: 1967
- Label: Walt Disney
- Encoding: Region [unknown]
Performers, Cast and Crew:
New York Times - 07/13/1990
"...Disney-style animation at its most urbane....A droll wit guaranteed to keep parents as well entertained as their children..."
Los Angeles Times - 07/13/1990
"...A film with great animated sequences....THE JUNGLE BOOK remains a high-spirited romp that will delight children..."
USA Today - 05/10/1991
"...Each performer molds the characterization into his own image....A kiddie-pleaser..."
Entertainment Weekly - 10/12/2007
"Walt Disney had a genius for tapping the general public's bear love....The gambit peaked with 1967's THE JUNGLE BOOK....A bright, delicious vision of nature..." -- Grade: A
Total Film - 12/01/2007
5 stars out of 5 -- "[C]inema's most triumphant swan-song; an intoxicating cocktail of the all-inclusive Disney dazzle which refuses to wither with age."
Empire - 12/01/2007
5 stars out of 5 -- "THE JUNGLE BOOK is the most riotously fun of all the classics in the Mouse House library, bopping along with a joyously light spirit."
The 19th animated feature produced by Disney studios and the last film supervised by Walt Disney himself. This endearing feature is based on Rudyard Kipling's children's story about a boy named Mowgli raised by wolves in the wilderness of India. During his delightful and scary adventures with a series of wild creatures, Mowgli learns he must leave the jungle and be what nature intended him to be -- a man. Delightful jazz-inspired songs make this a Disney classic.
Based On A Novel |
Disney Film |
Family (General) |
Kids Adventure |
- Theatrical release: 1967.
Rereleased 1978, 1984, and 1990.
- THE JUNGLE BOOK is the 19th full-length animated feature from Walt Disney Pictures, and was the last film supervised by Walt Disney himself.
- Filmed in Technicolor.
- In its original release, "Jungle Book" was shown with a live-action animal film, "Charlie, The Lonesome Cougar."
- Budget approximately $4 million. The film took 42 months to make.
- Remade in a live action version in 1994.