Andy Williams Dear Heart / The Shadow of Your Smile
|You Save:||$3.99 (27% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: March 14, 2006
- Originally Released: 1999
- Label: Collectables Records
- Original Album #1: Columbia Records CS 9138 (1965)
- Original Album #2: Columbia Records CS 9299 (1966)
Description by OLDIES.com:
Still a big concert draw around the world, Andy Williams was not only one of the most successful recording stars of the sixties, he was also an enormous TV star with his own weekly series. These two albums, from the early to mid-'60s, were two of his biggest sellers and are filled with his smooth, always easy-to-listen-to vocal stylings.
- 1.Red Roses For A Blue Lady
- 2.It Had To Be You
- 3.I Can't Stop Loving You
- 5.I'm All Smiles
- 6.Who Can I Turn To (When Nobody Needs Me)
- 7.You're Nobody 'Till Somebody Loves You
- 9.Almost There
- 10.My Carousel
- 11.Everybody Loves Somebody
- 12.Dear Heart
- 13.The Shadow Of Your Smile (Love Theme From "The Sandpiper")
- 14.That Old Feeling
- 16.Try To Remember
- 19.The Summer Of Our Love
- 20.Peg O' My Heart
- 21.How Insensitive
- 23.Bye Bye Blues
- 24.A Taste Of Honey
2 LPs on 1 CD: DEAR HEART(1965)/THE SHADOW OF YOUR SMILE(1966).
Also available as part of the Collectables box THE LEGEND AT HIS BEST!.
DEAR HEART orignally released on Columbia (9138). THE SHADOW OF YOUR SMILE originally released on Columbia (9299). Includes liner notes by Mark Marymont.
Liner Note Author: Mark Marymont.
This double-CD shows off Andy Williams as a brilliantly versatile performer. His ability to handle music of varying styles is one reason why he has endeared himself to millions for decades. Whether it's a masterpiece from Tin Pan Alley, a country serenade, or a Beatles tune, he forges an emotive drama from the raw material.
With a voice that's mellow and tender, he takes the old favorite, "That Old Feeling," and fairly turns the song into an aria with his broad, prolonged notes. He gets right to the point with "You're Nobody 'Til Somebody Loves You," gracing the melody with his effortless bravado. A tropic samba suits Williams as he buffers his belting for a soft and sultry rendition of "How Insensitive." He puts his touch on the Beatles' hit "Yesterday" and, as is his knack, gets to the emotional core of the oft-covered song.
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 10 ratings.
Based on 10 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 12,752
- UPC: 090431604823
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
WCBS FM101.1 - Ultimate Christmas Album, Volume 2 (CD)
$8.49 on SALE
Pop Vocal: Classic Music Categories:
Edie Adams There's So Much More (CD) ~
$9.36 Super Savings
- Jerri Adams It's Cool Inside / Play For Keeps (CD) ~ $9.73 on SALE
The Ames Brothers The Ames Brothers Sing the Best of the Bands (CD) ~
$11.70 Super Savings
- The Ames Brothers Hello Italy! / Knees Up! Mother Brown (And Other Funny Songs) (CD) ~ $10.98 on SALE
The Ames Brothers Together (2-CD) ~
$20.36 Super Savings