- Number of Discs: 2
- Rated: G
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 2 hours, 14 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: May 7, 2002
- Originally Released: 1960
- Label: Walt Disney Video
- 2-Disc Set
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Additional Release Material:
- Making Of: "The Making of POLLYANNA"
- Featurette: "Walt's America"
- Audio Commentary: Cast Members (Featuring Hayley Mills)
- Shorts: Original Animated Short That Accompanied the Film
- Trailers: Original Theatrical Trailer
- Interactive Features:
- Interactive Menus
- Scene Access
- Interactive Tour: "Inside the Disney Archives"
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Academy Awards 1960 -
Honorary Awards: Hayley Mills
In this Walt Disney classic, which earned 14-year-old British actress Hayley Mills a special Honorary Academy Award for best Juvenile Performance, the imaginative, optimistic, and inquisitive orphan, Pollyanna Whittier comes to live with her cold, very wealthy Aunt Polly Harrington in 1912. Despite the many rules and roadblocks to happiness set up by her emotionally repressed relative, Pollyanna constantly searches for the small pleasures that brighten her life, and the lives of those around her. However, when something happens that finally threatens to kill Pollyanna's spirit for good, Pollyanna may need more than good will to overcome some harsh realities.
Description by Buena Vista Home Entertainment:
Hayley Mills received a special Academy Award(R) for her performance as Pollyanna in this timeless Walt Disney tapestry of small-town Americana. Here you'll meet Pollyanna, the orphan who brings sunshine into the lives of everyone she meets. But her Aunt Polly (Jane Wyman) is too concerned with appearances, propriety, and local politics to appreciate her effervescent niece. It isn't until the town almost loses their "Glad Girl" that Aunt Polly realizes the power of love and lightheartedness. Featuring an impressive all-star cast and a story filled with fun, laughter, and tears, POLLYANNA will inspire your entire family and prove that the art of positive thinking is just as delightful today as it was at the turn of the century!
Family (General) |
- The See-Also, "Same Lead Performer" is British actress Hayley Mills.
- Shot in Technicolor.
- Additional cast: Jenny Egan (Mildred Snow); Gage Clarke (Mr. Murg); and Noland Leary (Mr. Thomas).
- Leon Charles was the dialogue coach.
- Copyright 1960 The Walt Disney Company.