- Rated: Not Rated
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 1 hours, 39 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: January 23, 2001
- Originally Released: 1959
- Label: Republic Pictures
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Single Side - Single Layer
- Aspect Ratio: Letterbox - 1.85
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 1.85
- Dolby Digital Mono - English
- Additional Release Material:
- Trailers: Original Theatrical Trailer
- Interactive Features:
- Scene Access
- Interactive Menus
- Text/Photo Galleries:
- Biographies: Cast and Crew
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Of Doris Day, comedian-pianist Oscar Levant once observed, "I knew her before she was a virgin." Indeed, playing a woman who always says "no" proved quite profitable for the wholesome singer in a series of light comedies in the late 1950s and early 1960s. Here in THAT TOUCH OF MINK, she plays newly unemployed New York secretary Cathy Timberlake, who meets handsome and wealthy business magnate Philip Shayne (Cary Grant) when his car accidentally splatters her dress with mud. Her annoyance about her dress is vaporized by his charm, and she agrees to join him on a business trip to Baltimore. There they attend a baseball game which features amusing appearances by diamond greats Mickey Mantle, Roger Maris, and Yogi Berra. They stop for drinks en route to New York, where Philip impresses the young woman by giving a speech at the United Nations. Feeling that he's finally gotten past the necessary preliminaries, he asks Cathy to accompany him to Bermuda, where clearly, he hopes the relationship will reach a new plateau. If one can accept the film's outdated premise, there are some truly amusing moments in this featherweight farce.
THAT TOUCH OF MINK is a romantic comedy in which a millionaire tries to win over the heart of a savvy salesgirl from a New York department store. He bestows luscious gifts upon her and eventually takes her on a trip to Bermuda, with the intent of making her his mistress. But Cathy has set her sights on something a little more permanent....
- Color by Eastman by Pathe.
- Produced by Nob Hill Productions Inc., in association with the Granley Company and Irwin Productions Inc.
- Additional cast: Joey Faye, Laurie Mitchell, Willard Sage, and Jack Livesey.
- Copyright 1962 Granley Company.