- Rated: R
- Run Time: 1 hours, 53 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: January 7, 2014
- Originally Released: 2012
- Label: Lions Gate
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Note: Deleted/extended scenes
- "One step at a time: making Thanks for Sharing" featurette
- Gag reel
- Commentary with writer/director Stuart Blumberg and writer Matt Winston
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 1.78
- Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo - English
- Dolby Digital 5.1 - English
- Subtitles - English, Spanish
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Total Film - 09/08/2013
3 stars out of 5 -- "This is the kind of thoughtful adult material that cinema should face head on; the film is jumpily acute about how hard recovery is for the trio..."
USA Today - 09/27/2013
"The story is intermittently funny and cleverly written."
Chicago Sun-Times - 09/19/2013
"It's a tribute to the script by Stuart Blumberg and Matt Winston, the directorial aplomb of Blumberg and the genuine performances of the cast that most of the time, we care about these people..."
Washington Post - 09/20/2013
3.5 stars out of 4 -- "[This] film about sex addicts sensitively mines humor and drama of the recovery movement."
Empire - 09/27/2013
"[A] frothy affair with typically strong turns from Ruffalo and Paltrow."
Directed and co-written by Stuart Blumberg, THANKS FOR SHARING follows the lives of three friends who meet while attending 12-step meetings to help treat sex addition. Tim Robbins is Mike, a leader in the sex-addiction community whose twentysomething son has turned up at home after months away and is struggling with substance issues. Mike's sponsee is Adam (Mark Ruffalo, a guy who has gone six years in the program without falling off the wagon. He starts a relationship with Phoebe (Gwyneth Paltrow), and finds it difficult after going so long without sex to have it be part of this new relationship. They also befriend an obnoxious young doctor (Josh Gad) whose addiction is ruining his medical career. THANKS FOR SHARING screened at the 2012 Toronto International Film Festival.