The Knickerbockers Very Best of The Knickerbockers - Lies
|You Save:||$3.99 (27% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
by The Beau Brummels ~ The Best of 1964-1968 ~ $13.25
by The Cowsills ~ The Best of 20th Century Masters / Millennium Collection $8.34
by The Five Americans ~ The Best of The Five Americans ~ $15.28
by The McCoys ~ Hang On Sloopy! ~ $5.97
- Released: March 14, 2006
- Originally Released: 1998
- Label: Collectables Records
Description by OLDIES.com:
The Knickerbockers were a New Jersey group who became notable as one of the first American bands to successfully evoke the sound of The Beatles and other British Invasion acts. When they hit the charts with "Lies", many fans thought they were hearing a new song from Fab Four. This collection brings together the best of the work they recorded originally for Challenge Records in the mid-'60s.
- 2.Harlem Nocturne
- 3.Twine Time
- 5.Jolly Green Giant
- 6.Play Girl
- 7.Chuck Berry Medley
- 8.Turn To Me
- 9.Stick With Me
- 10.You're Bad
- 11.She's Not There
- 12.One Track Mind
- 14.You Really Got Me
- 15.She's Gotten To Me
- 16.Like Little Children
- 17.Just One Girl
- 18.Wishful Thinking
- 19.All Day And All Of The Night
- 20.Land Of 1000 Dances
- 21.High On Love
- 22.Playgirl (version #2)
- 23.Bite Bite Barracuda
- 24.She Said Goodbye
The Knickerbockers: Beau Charles (guitar), Buddy Randell (saxophone, vocals), John Charles (bass), Jimmy Walker (drums, vocals).
Reissue producer: Bob Irwin.
Principally recorded at Wally Heider Recording Studio, Hollywood, California. Originally released on Challenge (LP 622).
All tracks recorded in stereo except tracks 11-14 which are in mono.
The Knickerbockers includes: Jimmy Walker (vocals, drums); Bill "Buddy" Randall (vocals); Beau Charles (guitar); Johnny Charles (bass).
Includes liner notes by Mark Marymont.
Liner Note Author: Mark Marymont.
Recorded in Hollywood, with songwriting contributions from such top sessionmen of the day as Glen Campbell, Jim Seals, and Dash Crofts, this is, aside from the first-rate title track, an extremely generic mid-'60s set, with only one group original other than "Lies." The Knickerbockers never found an identity, alternating between frat rock, flaccid pop/rock, and strange Wall-of-Sound productions in which the producers apparently had visions of turning them into the Walker Brothers. ~ Richie Unterberger
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 10 ratings.
Based on 10 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 8,857
- UPC: 090431603628
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
The Best of the 1910 Fruitgum Company: Simon Says (CD)
Live At The Atlanta International Pop Festival (2-CD)
$16.40 Super Savings
All My Friends: Celebrating the Songs & Voice of Gregg... (CD)
$17.42 Super Savings
- 38 Special Extended Versions (Live) (CD) ~ $4.99 on SALE
- 45 RPM "Doo Wop & Acappella" Starlight Sessions (CD) ~ $6.49 on SALE
- 49th Street 49th Street (CD) ~ $6.49 on SALE
- The 5th Dimension Up Up and Away - The Encore Collection (CD) ~ $3.98 on SALE
- Gregory Abbott Rhyme & Reason (CD) ~ $5.97 on SALE
Collectables Records Labels:
- ? and The Mysterians 96 Tears (New Stereo Recording) / Midnight Hour (New Stereo Recording) (45) ~ $4
- Faye Adams Herald Recordings (CD) ~ $6.49 on SALE
- Jerri Adams It's Cool Inside / Play For Keeps (CD) ~ $9.73 on SALE
- Johnny Adams / Jeannie C. Riley Reconsider Me / Harper Valley PTA (45) ~ $4
- Johnny Adams Reconsider Me - A Golden Classics Edition (CD) ~ $9.98 on SALE