- Rated: R
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 2 hours, 5 minutes
- Video: Color
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Released: January 30, 2007
- Originally Released: 1969
- Label: Warner Home Video
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 1.78
- Dolby Digital 1.0 - English, French
- Subtitles - English
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Written, produced and directed by Elia Kazan, based on his own autobiographical novel. Eddie Anderson (Douglas), a successful, married advertising executive becomes obsessed with a younger woman and carries on a torrid love affair with her. After a near-fatal car "accident," Eddie promises his faithful wife to change his ways and seek some professional help but finds it impossible to do so. Hearing from his brother that their father is ill, Eddie travels to Long Island to visit him with his young flame in tow. Unbeknownst to Eddie, his wife also follows him East.
Description by Warner Home Video:
Kirk Douglas and Faye Dunaway in master moviemaker Elia Kazan's hard-hitting story about an adman's attempts to rebuild his shattered life after suffering a nervous breakdown.
Director: Elia Kazan
Starring: Kirk Douglas, Faye Dunaway, Deborah Kerr
- Color by Technicolor; shot in Panavision.
- Additional cast: William Hansen (Dr. Weeks), John Randolph Jones (Charles), and Anne Hegira (Thomna).
- Copyright 1969 Athena Enterprises Corporation and Warner Bros.-Seven Arts.