The Beatles Help!
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$12.15 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$1.83 (13% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: January 20, 2014
- Originally Released: 2014
- Label: Capitol
Entertainment Weekly - 10/12/01, p.34Ranked #33 in EW's "100 Best Movie Soundtracks" - "...A mind-blowing slew of verging-on-adulthood Fab gems..."
Mojo (Publisher) - 6/02, p.65Included in Mojo's "100 Coolest Movie Soundtracks" - "...Pop music this good has rarely been written for the movies."
Paste (magazine) (p.59) - "It set the stage for one of the most groundbreaking and innovative periods in The Beatles' career, not to mention pop music in general."
- 1.Help! - (mono)
- 2.Night Before, The - (mono)
- 3.From Me To You Fantasy - (mono)
- 4.You've Got To Hide Your Love Away - (mono)
- 5.I Need You - (mono)
- 6.In the Tyrol - (mono)
- 7.Another Girl - (mono)
- 8.Another Hard Day's Night - (mono)
- 9.Ticket To Ride - (mono)
- 10.Bitter End / You Can't Do That, The - (mono)
- 11.You're Going To Lose That Girl - (mono)
- 12.Chase, The - (mono)
- 14.The Night Before
- 15.From Me To You Fantasy
- 16.You've Got To Hide Your Love Away
- 17.I Need You
- 18.6 In the Tyrol
- 19.Another Girl
- 20.Another Hard Day's Night
- 21.Ticket To Ride
- 22.The Bitter End / You Can't Do That
The Beatles: John Lennon (vocals, guitar, electric piano); Paul McCartney (vocals, guitar, keyboards, bass); George Harrison (vocals, guitar); Ringo Starr (vocals, drums).
Additional personnel: George Martin (piano).
HELP was the last Beatles album to feature a cover version (Larry Williams's "Dizzy Miss Lizzie"), and is considered a turning point in the quality of their songwriting. Like the previous album's "Im a Loser," "You've Got To Hide Your Love Away" was Lennon's nod to the influence of Bob Dylan. McCartney's gift for melody was obvious in "I've Just Seen A Face." And Harrison's songwriting contributions grew to two tracks.
Instrumentally, "Ticket To Ride"'s off-beat rhythm was Ringo's masterpiece, while the string quartet in the huge hit "Yesterday" was unusual for a rock band at that time; it was the start of a stellar series of McCartney ballads with strings ("Eleanor Rigby," "She's Leaving Home").
Something About Suburbia: The Sixties Sounds of Tim Andrews (CD)
$17.95 Super Savings
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists WCBS FM101.1 - Motown, Soul & Great Rock 'N Roll: Soul (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Doo Wop 45s On CD, Volume 3 ~ $1.98 on SALE
- Various Artists WDAS 105.3FM - Classic Soul Hits, Volume 4 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Doo Wop 45s On CD, Volume 6 ~ $1.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Ultimate Funk, Volume 2: 12 Funky Tracks (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE