Travel - Hidden Treasures: Europe to the Max - Splendors of France
Only 4 copies left
|CYBER SALE:||$5.98 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$9 (60% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Travel - Europe to the Max with Rudy Maxa: Enchanted Italy ~ $5.98
- Travel - Europe to the Max with Rudy Maxa: London & Beyond ~ $4.98
- Travel - Europe to the Max with Rudy Maxa: Molto Italiano! ~ $5.98
- Travel - Europe to the Max with Rudy Maxa: Treasures Outside London ~ $4.98
- Travel - Hidden Treasures: Europe to the Max - Alpine Secrets ~ $5.98
- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 2 hours, 55 minutes
- Video: Color
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Released: June 20, 2006
- Originally Released: 2006
- Label: Questar
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- (unspecified) - English
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Hosted by||Rudy Maxa|
Description by Questar:
Take a grand tour of the Old World with public radio's original Savvy Traveler, Rudy Maxa, host of the award-winning American Public Television series, Smart Travels, and contributing editor to National Geographic Traveler magazine. This DVD includes visits to:
France's Champagne Region - Begin this intoxicating tour in Reims, home of the historic cathedral where French kings were crowned. Visit champagne producers both large and small in wine country, and shop for the fine chocolate in the medieval town of Troyes. Discover Charleville's tradition of puppetry, and marvel at the fortress of Sedan, the largest castle in Europe.
Normandy - Witness the birth of Impressionism in Giverny and in the museums in Rouen and Honfleur. The Norman conquest unfolds in the Bayeux tapestry, and we remember World War II's D-Day landing. After sampling cider and cheese in the farmland just inland from Honfleur, your journey ends at the awe-inspiring Abbey of Mont-St-Michel.
Carcassonne and the Pyrenees - From a fairy tale fortress to the gentle Pyrenees, Rudy takes in the castles and peaks of this magical region. Your itinerary includes an unforgettable stop at Carcassonne, the largest fortress in Europe; romantic castle ruins; and in the high country, one of the world's natural wonders-a mountain amphitheater with cascading waterfalls.
France's Bordeaux and Dordogne - Sample the best Bordeaux, and then cruise the lovely Dordogne and Lot Rivers, with stops at chateaux, ancient watermills, and perched villages. Attend cooking classes and embark on an underground adventure to see pre-historic cave paintings.
Europe Just For Fun - Looking for absolute R&R, total escape, or just a change of pace' Rudy shares his "personal picks" for a variety of European adventures that are especially entertaining, exhilarating or challenging, including hot-air-ballooning, mountain luge rides, golf, puppetry, amusement parks, country mazes, hiking, or just lazing on a sunny beach.
Rudy's Travel Tips - Ten biggest traveler mistakes, strategies for beating the crowds, choosing a hotel, and more.
Fascinating Side Trips - Champagne from the air, Monet's garden at Giverny, medieval jousting at Carcassonne, and more.
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Be the first Movie Lover to write an online review of this product!
NBC News - Deep Throat: Full Story of Watergate (DVD)
59¢ CYBER SALE
NBC News - Buried Secrets: Cold Cases Uncovered (DVD)
59¢ CYBER SALE
Sherlock Holmes - A Talk with Sir Arthur Conan Doyle... (DVD)
49¢ CYBER SALE
NBC News - Secrets to the Code / The Mystery of Miracles (DVD)
59¢ CYBER SALE
Top ranking DVD:
- Sons of Kong: 10 Full-Length Movies on 3-DVDs (3D Pop-Up Case) ~ $1.19 CYBER SALE
- Annie (DVD) ~ $2.98 CYBER SALE
- Burt Reynolds Comedy Triple Feature: Gator / Breaking In / Fuzz (2-DVD) ~ $1.19 CYBER SALE
- 3 Pack Westerns: The Way West / Escort West / Chato's Land (DVD) ~ $1.79 CYBER SALE
- The Golden Age of Cartoons: Cultoons! Rare, Lost and Strange Cartoons! Ads and Oddities (DVD) ~ $1.19 CYBER SALE