- Rated: G
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 1 hours, 8 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: October 3, 2000
- Originally Released: 1949
- Label: Walt Disney Video
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Single Side - Single Layer
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Dolby Digital Mono - English
- Additional Release Material:
- Shorts: "Lonesome Ghosts" starring Mickey Mouse
- Interactive Features:
- Interactive Menus
- Scene Access
- Interactive Games: "Mr. Toad's Wild Ride Game"
- Hidden Feature - Bonus Short "Susie: The Little Blue Coupe"
- Interactive Storybook
- Singalong - "Merrily on Our Way"
- Text/Photo Galleries:
- Collectible Photo Gallery
Performers, Cast and Crew:
USA Today - 05/28/1999
"...[An] engaging animated twofer..."
Walt Disney's 11th animated feature includes two classic stories: "The Wind in the Willows," narrated by Basil Rathbone, is based on the story by Kenneth Grahame, in which Mr. Toad's love of motorcars gets him and his friends in trouble with a gang of devious rats. Following this tale is "The Legend of Sleepy Hollow," narrated by Bing Crosby. Based on the story by Washington Irving, nervous schoolteacher Ichabod Crane falls in love with the beautiful Katrina Van Tassel but has trouble with rival Brom Bones, and a certain headless horseman. The Gold Collection Edition features a special bonus ghostly cartoon.
Description by Buena Vista Home Entertainment:
The Adventures Of Ichabod And Mr. Toad
In the great tradition of SNOW WHITE AND THE SEVEN DWARFS and CINDERELLA, Disney's 11th animated masterpiece, THE ADVENTURES OF ICHABOD AND MR. TOAD, introduced two literary classics to the screen. Through award-winning Disney-animated wizardry, these unforgettable children's stories come together as one fabulous adventure. THE WIND IN THE WILLOWS follows the wild ride of J. Thaddeus Toad, squire of Toad Hall. Smitten with motorcars, the wealthy and reckless sportsman soon drives his close friends Mole, Rat, and Angus MacBadger into a worried frenzy! Then meet Ichabod Crane, the spindly schoolteacher who dreams of sweeping the lovely Katrina off her feet -- until Brom Bones, the town bully, gets involved. Their comic rivalry introduces Ichabod to THE LEGEND OF SLEEPY HOLLOW, the fabled Headless Horseman, and a hair-raising, heart-thumping climax. Narrated by legendary stars Basil Rathbone and Bing Crosby, THE ADVENTURES OF ICHABOD AND MR. TOAD is brimming with high-spirited adventure, brilliant animation, and captivating music -- now available for the first time in keeping with Walt's original theatrical vision.
- Theatrical release: 1949.
- THE ADVENTURES OF ICHABOD AND MR. TOAD is the 11th full-length animated feature from Walt Disney Pictures.