Little Shop of Horrors
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$5.95 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$2.03 (25% Off)|
- A Bucket of Blood ~ $11.15
- Little Shop of Horrors ~ $9.73
- Little Shop of Horrors - 11" x 17" Poster ~ $7.98
- by Howard Ashman ~ Little Shop of Horrors [Original Motion Picture Soundtrack] ~ $9.72
- The Night of the Living Dead (1968) ~ $5.98
- Rated: R
- Run Time: 1 hours, 13 minutes
- Video: Black & White
- Released: February 18, 2003
- Originally Released: 1960
- Label: Alpha Video
- Encoding: Region 0 (Worldwide)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Starring||Jack Nicholson, Dick Miller & Jonathan Haze|
|Performer:||Mel Welles, Jackie Joseph & Jonathan Haze|
|Directed by||Roger Corman|
|Edited by||Marshall Neilan Jr.|
|Music by||Fred Katz|
|Screenwriting by||Charles B. Griffith|
|Screenplay by||Charles B. Griffith|
|Produced by||Roger Corman|
Memorable Quotes and Dialog:
"...Corman's low-budget mock horror film comes across like a tongue-in-cheek version of one of Ed Wood's sci-fi epics....There's a famous cameo from a very youthful Jack Nicholson..."
Description by OLDIES.com:
- Roger Corman rehearsed the actors for three days and then shot this film in two, on a preexisting office set. The budget was around $30,000.
- Screenwriter Charles Griffith played three roles in the film and provided the voice of the plant.
- The shooting title of the film was THE PASSIONATE PEOPLE EATER.
- "We adhered quite closely to the script and despite a loose, improvisational feel to the witty exchanges, this film was in no way created on the set. Any changes made were worked out in the three days of rehearsal before rolling. Everyone just came in very well prepared. In a sense, the creation of THE LITTLE SHOP OF HORRORS may have been closer to the theatrical tradition of designing plays for a stock company than to standard film making. Perhaps this is why the original movie translates so well into the stage version."--Roger Corman (Foreword for the American Stage Festival revival, 1999)
- This screenplay was also the basis for a hit stage musical, which was filmed in 1986; Bill Murray took over Nicholson's part in that version.
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 59 ratings.
Hilarious, shtick-filled madness on a shoestring budget! Mel Welles' "interpretation" of Gravis Mushnik is the funniest part of the film, especially his English-Yiddish assaults on the language. Although the action takes place in Los Angeles, it really reflects the sights, sounds and cultural identity of New York City. The Jack Nicholson bit is humorous, but it's not the Great Moment of Comedy that many make it out to be. For my money, the funniest scene is when Seymour (Jonathon Haze)and his girl Audrey (Jackie Joseph) have a dinner prepared by Seymour's mother (Myrtle Vail). Perfect companion to Roger Corman's "The Bucket of Blood", I recommend that you treat yourself to a black comedy double feature.
- Sales Rank: 12,211
- UPC: 089218601490
- Shipping Weight: 0.27/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
2 Pac Tupac - Hip Hop Genius (DVD) ~
$5.54 Super Savings
2Pac Tupac - Live at the House of Blues (Blu-ray) ~
$15.96 Super Savings
2Pac / Notorious B.I.G. Tupac Vs. Biggie: The Legacy Continues (DVD) ~
$7.76 Super Savings
50 Cent Behind-the-Scenes Footage and Music Videos (DVD) ~
$2.98 Super Savings
50 Cent Refuse 2 Die: The Unauthorized Biography (DVD) ~
$4.98 Super Savings
Horror / Suspense Movie Categories:
© 2017 OLDIES.com and its affiliates and partner companies. All rights reserved.