- Rated: PG
- Run Time: 1 hours, 40 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: February 12, 2008
- Originally Released: 2007
- Label: Velocity / Thinkfilm
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Anamorphic Widescreen - 1.78
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Dolby Digital 5.1 - English
- Subtitles - English, Spanish - Optional
- Additional Release Material:
- Audio Commentary: David Singleton - Director; David Fairhead - Editor; Chris Riley - Archive Producer
- Deleted & Extended Scenes - Over 60 Minutes of Stories from the Astronauts and Never-Before-Seen Footage from Apollo Missions
- Behind the Scenes: Making Of
- Introduction: Ron Howard
- "Never Before Seen NASA Footage"
- SCORING APOLLO: A Short Feature with Composer Philip Sheppard
- Theatrical Trailer
- Trailer Gallery
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Box Office - 09/01/2007
"Interspersed with well-chosen archival film footage....[With] some genuine, delightful characters....The human touch is what distinguishes IN THE SHADOW OF THE MOON..."
Entertainment Weekly - 09/07/2007
"IN THE SHADOW OF THE MOON finds new resonance in the moment when America redefined progress..." -- Grade: A
New York Times - 09/07/2007
"[A] morale booster. The power of its archival images hasn't diminished with familiarity..."
USA Today - 09/07/2007
3.5 stars out of 4 -- "Science and humanity are fused lyrically in this astonishing film....The most stirring moments are the recollections of 10 Apollo astronauts."
Rolling Stone - 09/20/2007
3 stars out of 4 -- "[T]he film is a bracing reminder of a moment in history in which pride is justified....Inspiring as the astronauts recall raw details..."
Total Film - 11/01/2007
4 stars out of 5 -- "Amid the candid memories lies often mesmerizing footage of space....It's hard not to be moved by its beauty."
Empire - 10/19/2007
4 stars out of 5 -- "Almost 40 years after Apollo 11's historic first moon-landing, the lovingly restored footage still retains power."
Uncut - 12/01/2007
5 stars out of 5 -- "Like the Apollo programme itself, it's a beautiful and irresistible hymn to human possibility."
Sight and Sound - 12/01/2007
"[The film] offers sensations as thrilling as those of APOLLO 13....The film plays like a time-capsule of bottled-up optimism."
Los Angeles Times - 09/07/2007
"This NASA documentary is a fabulously fresh take on a special group of audacious men called astronauts....An unexpected knockout."
- Theatrical Release: September 7, 2007