- Rated: PG
- Run Time: 1 hours, 58 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: April 15, 2008
- Originally Released: 2007
- Label: Sony Pictures
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Aspect Ratio: Anamorphic Widescreen - 2.39
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Closed Captioned
- Dolby Digital 5.1 - English
- Subtitles - English, French, Spanish - Optional
- Additional Release Material:
- Audio Commentary
- Making Of
Performers, Cast and Crew:
David M. Evans's baseball oriented film is set in Norway, Iowa, where the game takes center stage among residents. But when the government steps in and threatens to disband the local high school due to the town's small size, a new coach (Sean Astin) must struggle to create a final season that the town will remember forever.
Description by Sony Pictures Home Entertainment:
From the director of The Sandlot comes the true story of an
underdog coach and the team that must defend their legacy against insurmountable odds.
In the small town of Norway, Iowa, the high school baseball team, led by legendary Coach Jim Van Scoyoc (Powers Boothe, TV's "Deadwood"), has won 19 State Championships. But the small town heroes are dealt a series of unexpected blows that threaten to rob them of their 20th championship win. When talk of a school merger gets serious and Coach Scoyoc is fired, then replaced by his 24-year-old assistant, Kent Stock (Sean Astin, Rudy and The Lord of the Rings trilogy), failure seems inevitable.
Tom Arnold, Rachael Leigh Cook and Michael Angarano join an excellent ensemble cast in this inspirational family gem.
Baseball Players |
Small Town Life |
Small Towns |
- Theatrical Release: October 12, 2007
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 42 ratings.
Be the first Movie Lover to
write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 19,392
- UPC: 043396236387
- Shipping Weight: 0.19/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item