- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 2 hours, 2 minutes
- Video: Black & White
- Released: June 24, 2008
- Originally Released: 1957
- Label: Universal Studios
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Snap Case
- Aspect Ratio: Anamorphic Widescreen - 2.35
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Dolby Digital 2.0 Mono - English
- Subtitles - English (SDH), French - Optional
Performers, Cast and Crew:
USA Today - 09/11/1992
"...Cagney pulls it off, exhibiting obvious relish for a role that piles him into grotesque Chaney makeup..."
Sight and Sound - 11/01/2008
"[T]his treatment of silent film's man-of-mystery Lon Chaney is more honest than most, and in the second half it offers an interesting glimpse of the Universal backlot in the 1920s."
Silent film legend Lon Chaney's life comes to the screen as a tearjerker in which another screen veteran, James Cagney, plays the title role.
From the very beginning, as the son of deaf parents, Chaney learned to respect others' differences. He also learned early on that he had a talent for performing, and his gifts took him from the vaudeville stage to the silver screen... and stardom.
Despite his triumphs, Chaney suffered several setbacks. He languished as a movie extra for years, weathered two stormy marriages, and in the end, became a bitter man.
Personal Triumph |
Theatrical Release |
- Copyright 1994 MCA Home Video, Inc.