Blu-ray Disc Features:
- Rated: R
- Run Time: 1 hours, 42 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: June 3, 2008
- Originally Released: 1971
- Label: Warner Home Video
- Special Packaging
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 1.85
- Additional Release Material:
- Audio Commentary: Clint Eastwood - Star (2008)
- "The Long Shadow of Dirty Harry" (2008)
- "Clint Eastwood: Man From Malpaso" (1993)
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Memorable Quotes and Dialog:
"I know what you're thinking. Did he fire six shots or only five' Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement, I've kind of lost track myself. But being this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself a question. 'Do I feel lucky'' Well, do ya, punk'
- Dirty Harry (Clint Eastwood) to Scorpio (Andrew Robinson)
"You've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, punk?"
Premiere - 12/01/2003
"[I]mpactful for how it cold-cocked the movies' good-guy cop persona."
Total Film - 04/01/2004
"Andrew Robinson gives an indelible performance..."
Entertainment Weekly - 06/13/2008
"Tautly directed by Don Siegel, it's a terrific, politically polarizing thriller."
Clint Eastwood stars in one of his most popular roles, as Harry Callahan, a determined cop hunting down the psychotic Scorpio. But just when he thinks the case is closed, the chase begins again. This violent and controversial hit paved the way for several sequels and a slew of urban cop movies.
Essential Cinema |
Theatrical Release |
- Theatrical release: December 23, 1971.
- Shooting location: San Francisco, Mill Valley, and Larkspur, CA.
- Clint Eastwood replaced Frank Sinatra, who had other commitments.
- Don Siegel commented, "DIRTY HARRY is a wall-to-wall carpet of violence."
- Andrew Robinson, who plays the killer, was an avowed pacifist at the time of the film's production; he was so unaccustomed to firearms that an instructor had to be hired to teach him how to shoot.