- Rated: R
- Run Time: 1 hours, 31 minutes
- Video: Color
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Released: June 3, 2008
- Originally Released: 1988
- Label: Warner Home Video
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Single Side - Single Layer
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Additional Release Material:
- Featurette: "The Craft of Dirty Harry"
- Audio Commentary: David Valdes - Producer; Jack N. Green - Cinematographer
- Trailers: Trailer Gallery
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Los Angeles Times - 07/13/1988
"...Eastwood's charisma remains rock-solid, smoky-soft, a pleasure to watch. His mixture of coiled tension, brutal wisecracks, incongruously sweet gallantry, preternatural wariness and wry whispering irony is still in force..."
Having made enough arrests to make him a celebrity, Dirty Harry is added to a film crew's "Dead Pool," a group of noted people the crew makes bets on as to who will die first. When a serial killer tries to expedite their demise, Harry realizes he's next. Thoughtful screenplay by vitamin champions and "Life Extensions" authors Durk Pearson and Sandy Shaw.
A sleazy filmmaker organizes a dead pool, where his associates can lay odds on which person from a list of local celebrities will die soon. When several people from the list wind up dead, Callahan investigates the case. The body count rises, as the cop looks for the killer before his name is rubbed out from the list.
- Color by Technicolor.
- Rated BBFC 18 by the British Board of Film Classification.
- Additional cast: Michael Currie (Captain Donnelly); Michael Goodwin (Lt. Ackerman); Darwin Gillett (Patrick Snow); Anthony Charnota (Lou Janero)
- Additional credits: Tom Rooker & Jennifer Van Horn (production associates); Jan Campi (San Francisco casting); Olivia Harris (Los Angeles casting); Norman G. Langley (camera operator)