Blu-ray Disc Features:
- Rated: R
- Run Time: 1 hours, 33 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: May 19, 2009
- Originally Released: 1979
- Label: Blue Underground
- Encoding: Region 0 (Worldwide)
- Dual Layer
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 1.85
- Dolby Digital Surround EX 5.1, Dolby True HD 7.1, DTS 7.1 HD - Enlgish
- Subtitles - English, French, Spanish
- Additional Release Material:
- Audio Commentary: David Cronenberg, Director
- Featurette: Early Films of David Cronenberg: STEREO / CRIMES OF THE FUTURE
- Trailers: Theatrical Trailer
- Inside The Character Actor's Studio - William Smith, Actor; John Saxon, Actor
- Shooting Cronenberg - Mark Irwin, Director Of Photography
- Enhanced For D-Box Motion Control Systems
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Premiere - 07/01/2004
"Nicely Psychotronic casting abounds..."
Though known for his thinking-person's horror flicks, director David Cronenberg provides a realistic, compelling portrait of the race car circuit in FAST COMPANY. Lonnie "Lucky Man" Johnson (William Smith) knows that his sponsor, Fast Company Motor Oil, wants to let him go in favor of a younger, edgier image and spokesperson. As Johnson, the company representative (John Saxon), and Johnson's girlfriend Sammy (Claudia Jennings, in her last role before her untimely death), navigate through a web of competition, greed, and octane, Cronenberg presents an astonishingly detailed drama that gets to the heart of fame and the American dream.
The Legendary Drive-In Classic from the Director of THE FLY, SCANNERS and A HISTORY OF VIOLENCE - In between his horror hits RABID and THE BROOD, award-winning director David Cronenberg immersed himself in the gritty world of top-fuel dragsters to make what he considers to be one of the most important movies of his entire career. Genre icons William Smith (RED DAWN, MANIAC COP), John Saxon (ENTER THE DRAGON, A NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET) and drive-in goddess Claudia Jennings (in her final role before her tragic death) star in this surprising story of a corporate-sponsored racing team and the explosive obsessions that speed them through lives of fast cars, fast cash and FAST COMPANY. Due to a mysterious distribution snafu, FAST COMPANY was barely released in America and has remained virtually unseen anywhere in the world.
Car / Automobile Racing |
Personal Triumph |
Race Cars |
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 15 ratings.
Be the first Movie Lover to
write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 126,907
- UPC: 827058701693
- Shipping Weight: 0.18/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item