- Rated: Unrated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 30 minutes
- Video: Black & White
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Released: May 13, 2008
- Originally Released: 1958
- Label: Criterion
- Aspect Ratio: Anamorphic Widescreen - 1.85
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Dolby Digital 1.0 - French
- Mono 2.35 - French
- Subtitles - English - Optional
- Additional Release Material:
- Louis Malle
- Jeanne Moreau
- Essay: New essay by film historian Ginette Vincendeau.
- Gallery of promotional material from the U.S. theatrical release.
- Jose Luis de Villalonga
- Louise de Vilmorin
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Jeanne, a bored French housewife, is tired of her passionless marriage to a Henri, an aloof newspaper mogul obsessed with his work. Though they live in lovely château with servants and every amenity, Jeanne regularly trots off to Paris, where her craving for excitement is satiated by a flighty crowd of socialites. Henri grows suspicious of Jeanne's relationship with Raoul, a handsome, polo-playing bachelor with whom she's having an extramarital. At Henri's request, Jeanne agrees to invite Raoul for the weekend. She goes to town to invite him, but after returning from Paris, Jeanne meets Bernard, a young man whom she also invites to her home. That night, Jeanne and Bernard have an encounter that changes her life forever.
Love Story |
Social Issues |
- Shot in CinemaScope.
- Rated BBFC 15 by the British Board of Film Censors.
- Copyright 1958 Nouvelles Editions de Films.
- Released in the UK on video.