Silent Comedy Classics: 12 Classic Shorts (Fluttering Hearts / Mighty Like A Moose / The Caretaker's Daughter / Be Your Age / Forgotten Sweeties / Late to Lunch / The Locket / Judge Jones / Laffin Gas & More)
|You Save:||$2.03 (25% Off)|
or Mix & Match 10 Alpha DVDs for $39.90
- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 3 hours, 27 minutes
- Video: Black & White
- Released: November 24, 2009
- Originally Released: 1913
- Label: Alpha Video
- Encoding: Region 0 (Worldwide)
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Starring||Charley Chase, Oliver Hardy, John K. Carpenter & Charlie Chaplin|
|Directed by||James Parrott, Leo McCrarey, John K. Carpenter, Charlie Chaplin, Hal Roach, Nicholas T. Barrows & Frederick A. Thomas|
|Music by||Don Kinnier|
Description by OLDIES.com:
Fluttering Hearts (1927): Smitten by a reckless, crazy girl, Charley will do anything to please her wealthy father. Co-starring Oliver Hardy and directed by James Parrott. Original Musical Score by Don Kinnier.
Mighty Like A Moose (1926): A husband gets his buck teeth fixed and his wife gets a nose job. Not recognizing each other, they start to flirt. Directed by Leo McCrarey. Original Musical Score by Don Kinnier.
The Caretaker's Daughter (1925): After being seen with another woman, Charley poses as a Chinese waiter to elude his angry wife. Directed by Leo McCrarey. Original Musical Score by Don Kinnier.
Be Your Age (1926): A mild-mannered clerk is black-mailed intomarrying a wealthy widow. Starring Charley Chase and Oliver Hardy. Directed by Leo McCrarey. Original Musical Score by Don Kinnier.
Forgotten Sweeties (1927): Charley's old girlfriend moves across the hall with her new husband, sparking a jealous free-for-all. Directed by Charley's brother, James Parrott. Original Musical Score by Don Kinnier.
Late to Lunch (1987): Directed by and starring John K. Carpenter, this 1987 film is a loving homage to the classic silent comedy shorts of Charley Chase.
The Locket, or When She Was Twenty (1913): Judge Jones (John Bunny) is riding on a train when the passenger next to him drops her locket into his pocket. When his wife discovers it, chaos erupts.
Laffin Gas (1914): Charlie Chaplin directs and stars as a dental assistant who causes nothing but trouble when he impersonates the dentist.
Face on the Barroom Floor (1914): Charlie Chaplin is a lovesick artist who drowns his sorrow in a local bar.
Post No Bills (1923): Paul Parrott, the younger brother of Charley Chase, stars in this Hal Roach short as a mischievoustheater worker tasked with posting the bills for the upcoming show.
Prince Pistachio (1921): A gas explosion blows a plumber all the way to Persia, where he is mistaken for a great prince. Starring Eddie Boland.
Exhibitors Convention (1925): Documentary newsreel footage chronicles the 23rd Annual Convention of the Fox Film Corporation in California. Tom Mix and Jack Dempsey are featured guests.
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 9 ratings.
- Sales Rank: 8,738
- UPC: 089218594198
- Shipping Weight: 0.27/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
Alpha Video Labels:
- Ace of Clubs (1925) / Another Man's Boots (1922) (Silent) (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Aces and Eights (DVD) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Aces Wild / Wild Mustang (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Art Acord Double Feature: Fighters of the Saddle (Silent) / Pursued (Silent) (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Across the Plains (DVD) ~ $5.95 on SALE
Top ranking titles in the Comedy genre:
- My Awkward Sexual Adventure (DVD) ~ $5.98 on SALE
- Ultra-Rare Pre-Code Comedies (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- The Golden Age of Cartoons: Cultoons! Rare, Lost and Strange Cartoons! Ads and Oddities (DVD) ~ $1.98 on SALE
- Clark and McCullough, Volume 2: Pre-Code Comedy Collection (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Heaven Can Wait (DVD) ~ $5.98 on SALE