Doc Watson Legacy (3-CD)
Currently Out of Stock: We'll get more as soon as possible
Format: CD (3 Discs)
by Earl Scruggs ~ Three Pickers (Live) $16.55
- Number of Discs: 3
- Released: March 5, 2002
- Originally Released: 2002
- Label: Cd Baby
Tracks on Disc 1:
- $0.99 on iTunes1.Cousin Sally Brown
- $0.99 on iTunes2.I Played Like the Rest of the Boys - (interview)
- $0.99 on iTunes3.Dad Was a Harmonica Player - (interview)
- $0.99 on iTunes4.King's Treasure, The - (interview)
- $0.99 on iTunes5.Deep River Blues
- $0.99 on iTunes6.Cat With Ten Lives - (interview)
- $0.99 on iTunes7.Ruben's Train
- $0.99 on iTunes8.Learn to Pick It Good - (interview)
- $0.99 on iTunes9.Georgie Buck
- $0.99 on iTunes10.Darlin' Cory
- $0.99 on iTunes11.Doc's First Guitar - (interview)
- $0.99 on iTunes12.When the Roses Bloom in Dixieland
- $0.99 on iTunes13.Leaving Home - (interview)
- $0.99 on iTunes14.Never No More Blues
- $0.99 on iTunes15.Wood Sheddin' - (interview)
- $0.99 on iTunes16.Beaumont Rag
- $0.99 on iTunes17.Fingerstyle Guitar - (interview)
- $0.99 on iTunes18.Freight Train
Tracks on Disc 2:
- 1.Sittin' on Top of the World
- 2.Playin' on the Street - (interview)
- 3.Down the Road
- 4.Bury Me Beneath the Willow
- 5.Woman From Wildcat, The - (interview)
- 6.Legend of Tom Dooley, The - (interview)
- 7.Tom Dooley
- 8.Hitting the Road - (interview)
- 9.Going Solo - (interview)
- 10.Top of the Heap - (interview)
- 11.The Tennessee Stud
- 12.Building Bridges - (interview)
- 13.Ready For the Times to Get Better
- 14.Living the Blues - (interview)
- 15.Blessed - (interview)
- 16.Rolling in My Sweet Baby's Arms
Tracks on Disc 3:
- 1.Whiskey Before Breakfast / Ragtime Annie
- 2.Shady Grove
- 3.Whoop 'Em up Cindy
- 4.Otto Wood
- 5.Dad Taught Me to Play Harmonica
- 6.Old Molly Hare
- 7.Home Sweet Home
- 8.Railroad Bill
- 9.Train That Carried My Girl From Town
- 10.Walk On
- 11.Bantar vs. Gitjo
- 12.Don't Get Weary
- 13.Black Eyed Susie
- 14.The Telephone Girl
- 15.Stand by Me
- 16.Just to Ease My Worried Mind
- 17.Raincrow Bill / Hambone Rhythm
- 18.I Got the Blues and I Can't Be Satisfied
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Personnel: Doc Watson (vocals, guitar, harmonica); David Holt (vocals, slide guitar, banjo, mouth bow, harmonica).
Recorded live at the Diana Wortham Theatre, Asherville and The Loft, Boone, North Carolina between March 17 & April 19, 2001. Includes liner notes by David Holt.
LEGACY won the 2003 Grammy Award for Best Traditional Folk Album.
Adapter: Doc Watson.
Personnel: Doc Watson (guitar, harmonica); Richard Watson (guitar).
Audio Mixers: Stephen Heller; Steven Heller.
Recording information: Diana Wortham Theater, Asheville, NC (03/17/2001); The Loft, Boone, NC (03/17/2001); Upstream Productions, Asheville, NC (03/17/2001).
Arranger: Doc Watson.
Anyone who has developed a deep love for Doc Watson will be elated by this three-disc biographical journey through his life and music. Two discs are devoted to conversations between Watson and longtime friend David Holt, in which Doc recalls his youth, his early career, and his tours with son Merle. Scattered throughout the interview are intimate performances of songs that Watson has played throughout his career, including "Deep River Blues," "Tom Dooley," and a version of "Tennessee Stud" that ranks among the most thrilling ever heard. The set's 72-page booklet, a detailed biography full of reminiscences, song notes, and rare photographs, is an absolute treasure, as fascinating as anything that is ever likely to be assembled on the man. Disc three is devoted to an excellent concert recorded at the Diana Wortham Theater in Ashville, NC, in 2001. Packed with favorites as well as some songs that Watson has never recorded, it proves that, at nearly 80, he is every bit as captivating as he was at Gerdes Folk City in the early '60s. It's a pity there aren't more sets like this around, but it seems fitting that the great Doc Watson should be among the first to have one. ~ Jim Smith
Doc Watson on Stage (Featuring Merle Watson) (Live) (CD)
$9.99 Super Savings
American Songs of The Revolution & Civil War Era (CD)
$1.98 on SALE
Songs and Dances of Medieval and Renaissance Times (CD)
$2.98 on SALE
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 11 ratings.
Based on 11 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Absolute Hits - Top Hits of the 60s: 20 Original Hits (CD) TOP 10 Bestseller
99¢ on SALE
Camp Meeting / Soul of The Gospel Harmonettes (CD) TOP 25 Bestselling CD
$1.98 on SALE